PDA

View Full Version : Pro Aqua Fish Feeder.

Mulisha
Sat Sep 16, 2006, 09:39 PM
Hi

Has anyone or is anyone using this fish feeder becuase i'm wanting to set up a few tanks and need about 4 automatic fish feeders and came across these.

Any info on them would be great i know there not going to be good as the Eheim but if they work i would rather save myself a small fortune :lol: :lol:

Cheers guys/gals :wink:

[advisor edit]non sponsor link removed[/edit]

Ben
Sun Sep 17, 2006, 03:05 AM
A new wizz bang eheim auto feeder will be comming on the market soon! It will do all sorts of things the older one does not do.

I used 2 pro aqua AF's, they died very quickly..:evil:

My new auto feeder works a treat! Her name is Kelly and we have been married for 4 years now. :shock:

Mulisha
Sun Sep 17, 2006, 07:19 AM
Whats Kellys.... Sir Name/brand name :lol:

goldenpigeon
Sun Sep 17, 2006, 07:49 AM
im thinking of installing a Kelly, Ben, are they expensive? easy to use? do they come with a warranty?

sorry about all the questions bro :lol:

David

DR.V
Sun Sep 17, 2006, 07:56 AM
I also use Pro Aqua Fish Feeder and died after about 6 months.

Noddy65
Sun Sep 17, 2006, 09:16 AM
Ive got a Kelly as well...but my brand is a Zoe...this little number also does water changes on fry tanks every day...works a charm but there is sometimes confusion about which tank to auto feed the BBS...Ive got around it by using colour stickers...so not only is this brand efficient but it learns as well.

Mike

rainbow
Mon Sep 18, 2006, 03:20 AM
It's the same old story once again, buy the cheap chinese stuff and you get what you pay for. Cheap rubish that will usually not last very long. Buy German quality and you get what you pay for. QUALITY that should give great service for many years. I always try to stretch the budget for German made products because I know the German made gear will give me many, many years of great service, and will nearly always save me money in the long run. In fact, I have am yet to throw out any single German made product in the last 7 years of fishkeeping.

flaggy
Mon Sep 18, 2006, 03:30 AM
Looking forward to seeing what the new whizbang auto-feeder from Eheim will do (Ben's post) that the current Eheim auto-feeder that I have will not do. Would recommend the Eheim auto-feeder 100% for peace of mind that the fish will be fed while I am away, although it is tempting to save some money on the cheaper ones. But well worth it relative to the amount of money I keep spending on buying fish and keeping them thriving!

Ben
Mon Sep 18, 2006, 08:19 AM
Mike, if you ever get tired of your "Zoe" we can swap for a bit and i will lend you my "Kelly" :shock:

Mulisha
Mon Sep 18, 2006, 08:27 AM
Can i rent them? Is there a site were i could order one LMAO!! :lol:

Dee
Thu Sep 21, 2006, 10:32 AM
Mike, if you ever get tired of your "Zoe" we can swap for a bit and i will lend you my "Kelly" :shock:

Oh boy ... here we go again :roll: hahaha Benny your a classic mate !

Cheers,

Dee. :D

Edit: oops forgot to say ... I would only use a Eheim Auto feeder. Pricey, but you get what you pay for :D

Robdog
Thu Sep 21, 2006, 12:51 PM
Shouldn't this be in the Breeding Basics section??? :) The wife swapping I mean, not the auto feeders.

Although I would appreciate some feedback on the wife swapping

samir
Thu Sep 21, 2006, 03:04 PM
on the swapping, the models are generally the same just the packaging differs, they run silently for a few months and then they start getting noisy. :lol:

*Chris*
Sat Sep 23, 2006, 10:01 AM
not to mention high running costs as time goes on :lol: :lol:

Mulisha
Sat Sep 23, 2006, 10:28 AM
They also consume extreme amounts of power/$$$ :lol: :lol: :lol:

nicholas76
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 01:04 AM
I recently started using my "lydia"

I found however it works to well and feeds way to much.

This model refuses to do water changes.

flaggy
Wed Oct 04, 2006, 05:54 AM
By the way, has anyone used the Sera Serafeed auto-feeder? It seems much cheaper, and Sera is a reputable company so I wonder if anyone has used it and could provide some feedback about this product.