PDA

View Full Version : Its bad now

barramundi
Mon Sep 11, 2006, 09:00 AM
Hi All,

I posted on illness and medications on sept 5th about this discus but no replys but now the white spot is bigger and the discus is very stressed and he is turning black and not swimming at all well today.I don't think he will last the night and it is paining me to see it so has anyone got any idea what it is and will it affect the rest of my discus which all seem to be ok at this time and is their a cure? he is an adult of 13cm and has not had anything wrong with him till now.

Temp 30c,ph 6.8,nitrate 15ppm all fish eating well i cant think of anything.

Thanks hope photos help...john

Mulisha
Mon Sep 11, 2006, 10:03 AM
I don't know all that much but what you could do is ..

Do a w/c bring the nitrates down and make the water nice and clean.
Add salt at 1 Teaspoon per 40L (Don't add anymore then that or it will kill the plants)
Turn the lights off so he he can hide a little and maybe feed them to take the other fish away from him for a bit ..

I think other people might suggest removing him from the tank but don't just yet wait for some other replys.

What i said to do is fine to do right now though it will help..

Goodluck keep us updated...

Mulisha
Mon Sep 11, 2006, 10:12 AM
Hi mate i just had a look at that other thread and what i think happened is that is has now got a secondary infection and to me looks like a bit of fungus.

All i think you need to do is keep up on the w/c till it clears then try keep the nirates below 10ppm and just keep the salt up to them @ 1 teapoon per 40L for the time being.

stonedavid
Mon Sep 11, 2006, 10:26 AM
Hey John
As above i agree with Mulisha, this will help.. You may nedd to isolate and medicate in a seperate tank as you do have a large tank, have sent a pm
Pete

barramundi
Mon Sep 11, 2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks Rick and Pete,

Did do a 50% water change on wed and also yesterday were i normaly do 25% on wed and sun.I have already put in salt but i don't think it made a difference but the strange thing when i fed them at 8pm he did eat well.I dont have a spare tank at this time as my other tank has discus in as well waiting for my new 6ft to arrive.

I will keep up salt for now and hope he pulls through, thanks again and once again their is always someone on this forum to help when you need advice.

john