PDA

View Full Version : Blue Rams

Namn8r
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 12:52 PM
I recently saw 2 of the most best looking Rams I have seen for a good 5+ years. Their noses were bright red with the front half a beautiful bright gold yellow and irredescent blue/orange sheen over the rest of the body. Upon enquiry they were apparently wild caught Rams. I would like to get some...has any body got any pics of their wild caught rams i would like to compare.

Heres a pic of my Rams commonly available at local lfs's at the moment. Still nice but nothing compared to the ones I saw. Will try and get a pic of the wild ones when I pop down next.

Bit out of focus but you get the jist

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/Namn8r/DSC00171.jpg

DR.V
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 12:54 PM
Really nice quality blue rams, no doubt about that.

Those blue is really glowing huh

Thanks for sharing

Namn8r
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 01:22 PM
wait till you see the pics of the ones at the lfs, the overall body colour is sooo much more vibrant. They looked as if the were half gold rams half blue. Would love to see some of the other members wild caught rams from the last few shipments from sls!

DR.V
Fri Sep 08, 2006, 01:47 PM
Did you purchase that from SLS ?

Namn8r
Sat Sep 09, 2006, 01:21 AM
nah these ones are from my local LFS in adelaide. The wild loooking ones werent as stocky as mine neither....more elongated body. Any members with pics of their wild caught blue rams|??

Namn8r
Wed Sep 13, 2006, 08:54 AM
Kev do you have any pics of Wild Rams??

catfishbone
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 12:09 AM
hi all ...

well ... wasn't going to take any pics for my rams spawn coz the last few spawn ... after i took the pics then both parents gone crazy and start eating them ... so i gamble it and took a few pics of the parents and fry this morning .... :?

hopefully I will still able to see all fry safe and ALIVE .... :(

enjoy ... :)

- andrie -

catfishbone
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 12:10 AM
more ....

Th0mas
Fri Sep 22, 2006, 12:15 AM
Great to see some nice ram breeding in Sydney. Good luck with the gamble (on taking these shots), keep us inform.

Thomas.

Fish Rock Aquariums
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 02:14 PM
i was bored last night :)

Merrilyn
Sun Sep 24, 2006, 02:20 PM
What gorgeous fish.

Ron are your's wild caught. The colour is so intense :o

catfishbone
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:42 AM
ARRRGGGHHHHHH ... all fry going going GONEEEEEE ........ :cry:

wickedglass
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 10:39 AM
ARRRGGGHHHHHH ... all fry going going GONEEEEEE ........ :cry:

sorry to hear, man, happened to me recently, too ... then I realised I had hydra in the tank :( ... why do you th8ink you may have lost them?

Namn8r
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 10:49 AM
headn to the lfs in the morning! Gona take some pics ot the wild caught rams in the display tank they look awesome. They are nice rams uptop there though!

Fish Rock Aquariums
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:43 PM
What gorgeous fish.

Ron are your's wild caught. The colour is so intense :o

no not wild caught, just local :). sometimes you get lucky in finding nice specimens.

cheers,
Ron

catfishbone
Tue Sep 26, 2006, 02:25 AM
Hi wickedglass,

my guess will be parents ate them all ... coz they already on the free swimming phase and they've been fine all of them ... :(

oh well this is their third spawn ... the first two they ate all eggs and now up to free swimming phase ... and hopefully the next one can grow big enough for them not to eat it ... :)

andrie

flaggy
Sat Sep 30, 2006, 05:24 AM
Bought a male wild caught blue ram today from a Sydney LFS. There's a whole tank full of these little beauties.

If you are looking to get some of these, PM me for the name of the LFS.

Del
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 09:19 PM
Can someone please tell me the water parameters Rams like...? :oops:

flaggy
Sun Oct 01, 2006, 09:45 PM
Useful information here:

http://www.aquariumlife.net/profiles/south-american-cichlids/blue-ram/100051.asp