PDA

View Full Version : discus forum terminology

Escher
Thu Aug 26, 2004, 03:19 AM
Given the international exposure of this site and the large range of personal experiences, it may be useful to have a reference/glossary section to cover the most common abbreviations used here. What is a PB, SS, F1, IMO etc.??? :?
Another addition could be a section identifying the major traits and/or differences of various strains.

Great site though. I am here just about everyday :P :P

kalebjarrod
Thu Aug 26, 2004, 06:27 AM
that sounds like a job for

super flukes

faster tahn a speeding typist, able to leap a keyboard in a single bound

how quick can he do it? lets wait and see!

Proteus
Thu Aug 26, 2004, 02:14 PM
Another addition could be a section identifying the major traits and/or differences of various strains.

That is planned... :wink:

BTW...

:lol:

BTW = By The Way
PB = Pidgeon Blood
SS = SnakeSkin
IMO = In My Opinion

F1, F2 etc is the breeding downline of a certain strain or wild caught (for instance, if you had a wild caught pair, there first offspring would be F1's)

Pyroman
Thu Aug 26, 2004, 03:13 PM
... and there is no such thing as F0 :P

flukes
Thu Aug 26, 2004, 05:11 PM
F0 would be the forming pair :lol:

Its in the works, smart thinking, thought of the idea a couple of days ago, mods are just making the list complete.

Pyroman
Fri Aug 27, 2004, 03:42 AM
Noooooo... F0 is BAD *LOL*. F-designation is based on offspring. It cracks me up seing people use it. It's like trying to discribe parents with only the reference word "children". children 1st generation, children 2nd generation... you can't say children 0st generation.

(disregard the nut... it's ok :P)

flukes
Fri Aug 27, 2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah i have seen refrence too a pair as F0 but its not a generation if they arnt young.

Went to sticky up the adbreviations last night and the site crash, well think it was more I.E that crashed but ill get around too it again.
I have to add a few more i thought of.

Tryhard
Sat Aug 28, 2004, 11:23 AM
I have seen another referance for F0 as well - common abreviation foxtrot oscar or fuck off :twisted: