PDA

View Full Version : discus in WA

ml29
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 09:48 AM
Hi

I'm new to this forum, but have found it very useful. I've kept discus many years ago and gave up due to a lack of Discus variety in WA.

Recently I stumbled on the exotic discus site and realised that the varieties I liked are now available. I'll be after red snakeskin discus around 5cms in 2-3 months time.

From reading this forum I have realised that SLS will also send Discus to WA.

I'm a little reluctant to purchase discus that I haven't seen as they may send deformed, unhealthy or low quality discus. Please post your experiences with regards to these dealers or any others I should consider.

If you have had bad experiences with any of these dealers but don't think it is appropriate to post a reply I would appreciate an email so that I don't make the same mistake.

marvin@bmail.com.au

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks.

Marvin.

Proteus
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 09:55 AM
Marvin, welcome to DF.com

There is no problem in asking questions but I feel that you will only be getting a certain type of an answer, especially if it is to do with the quality of the fish... and that is all positive.

I am pretty much certain that of all the Discus sourced from businesses or breeders found on this forum, there has not been a problem to date, if I am wrong, I stand corrected.

If you are willing to pay a good price, for good quality fish, then I cant go further than what is promoted here.

flukes
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 02:28 PM
You cant go wrong with SLS mate, and if you like iam sure they can arrange pics of the exact fish that will be sent too you.

I think everyone is hesitant at ordering from interstate the first time. But once you open that box you wont go back..

sunshinediscus
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 11:28 PM
www.lewisdiscus.com

I've sent discus to WA, quality gaurenteed.

ml29
Tue Aug 24, 2004, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the responses, I feel more confident in making my order in a couple of months time.

I guess its a question of who has the variety I'm after at the time.

Marvin