PDA

View Full Version : where can i find...

Mattzilla
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 06:27 AM
i'm not realy sure where to get a few things from. i don't know their names so i have found some pictures of examples of what i am looking for. i have tried bunnings but no luck there.

here are the pics. the first is a flow controler and the second is a cap that goes on the end of pvc tubing i think....

Mattzilla
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 06:28 AM
second pic

thanks for the help guys

kevkoi
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 06:47 AM
Matt... u're going to get a thump on the head.

Place to go would be Bunnings! :lol: Ball valve and a pvc end cap... just get them for whateve size diameter pvc pipe you're using.

Proteus
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 08:59 AM
Matt, you are going to have a headache mate...

Bunning's...

tis where I got my end caps from, and my inline flow regulator (although mine is black & green - not to be seen)

:wink:

kalebjarrod
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 09:21 AM
Guys Guys Guys

how about i charge you what bunnings charges and buy them from any LOACL PUMP AND IRRIGATION STORE and pocket the 50-100% difference

ball valves are great for stopping water

for slowing it use a gate valve

to go into your ball valve or gate valve you want a male threaded adaptor

just for my own curious tendencies

whats the end cap for, shouldn't the water be going somewhere? :wink:

Proteus
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 09:49 AM
future expanisons???

feeling artistic???

confused...

Mattzilla
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 12:43 PM
i'll show you when i have finished it....it's basically a cap for the end of my canister intake tube becasue i want to cap it off, drill some holes up the side, and place a pre filter sponge over the holes. if that makes sense....

and the valve things are so i can set up some permanent pipes for draining my tanks.... i'll also show you when i am done

thanks guys...i guess it's back to bunnings with a magnifine glass!!!! i swear i walked every isle yesterday and couldn't find them...i guess i should have gone for the easy option and just asked someone. but that's hard when you don't know what they are called!

thanks again

flukes
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 02:33 PM
Matt,
I know exactly what your designing on the intake too the cannister, i did it myself when i kept having cories getting sucked up the intake. I didnt put the sponge on because the drilled holes were big enough.

At first i thought you wanted the air exchanger, was going to have a heart attack. Thought you were going into mass production.

Mattzilla
Tue Aug 24, 2004, 01:10 AM
lol
nah not yet....but maybe one day

Mattzilla
Tue Aug 24, 2004, 10:25 AM
ok i went back to bunnings with my magnifine glass and what did i find???? i guess i just had to look a litlle harder.

thanks guys
although i got the wrong sized cap for the pipe i am using...oops

i need a cap that goes on the end of condute (spelling?) pipe...

cheers

kalebjarrod
Tue Aug 24, 2004, 10:40 AM
i have a bucket full of those "you buy at bunnings but are just one size to small" things........

flukes
Tue Aug 24, 2004, 01:47 PM
nice hat!! Where you get that from?? :wink:

.....oh yeah and your work is good too.....

I am serious about the hat thats a beauty.

Mattzilla
Tue Aug 24, 2004, 07:40 PM
got it on ebay from america...

hat cost me about $3 but the shipping stung me for another $10! still a cheap hat at $13.

i have bought heaps of hats off ebay and you can usually get them really cheap

flukes
Wed Aug 25, 2004, 02:06 AM
Damn ill have to take a look, i stopped collecting hats a while ago when i couldnt find anything new.
Now you told me that, the addiction can continue. I already have a wall full!!!