PDA

View Full Version : Auburns Dwarves

AdamR
Sun Aug 20, 2006, 10:42 PM
Hey just a quick note, I went to Auburn on the weekend. They had a good array of apistos including borelli "opal". They are lovely fish. Last time Iwent they still had some Nannochromis too.

Anyways just thought someone might be interested.
Adam

parkap
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 03:49 AM
Thanks Adam. Much appreciated.

I've actually lost more than half my little guys. After moving house they ended up being in the temporary 2 foot tanks much longer than I expected as I had to get the floor of the new house reinforced and get the plubming on the tank fixed after the removalists dropped the tank. (Lucky the removalist wasn't hurt, dropping a 6x2x2 and using your shins to cushion the impact has the real risk of leaving you without your legs.)

I've lost so many of my apisto's. Luckily my main pair of Inka's survived as well as my male cacatuoide. But I lost my biataeniatas, trifasciatas and pulcapensis to name a few. :cry:

But as I'm slowly starting to restock my display tank I've done the rounds of some of the LFS's close by (southern Sydney area). Here's a summary of what they have:
*Majestic - he he he. Just thought I'd put that down. Anyone whose ever been in there knows they have nothing. And they really seem to treat their fish like crap. (Poor conditions and water quality.)
* St George Aquariums - Had left over cac's and agazissiis. Pretty poor quality but apparently they were the last of the batch. One of the staff seem to suggest the St George Aquarium are starting to import dwarfs themselves.
* Strictly Aquariums (Campbelltown and Engadine) - No apisto's. Just the usual community fish. I didn't expect apisto's but I've rebuilt/redesigned my tank so had to get heaps of new plants. I think I bought every crypt out of a few of the LFS's. :D (Will be posting some photos of my new design soon.)
* Campbelltown Pet & Aquarium Centre - They introduced me to apisto's so I owe them for that. Not much in stock. Had one female aggi and cac left in stock. Pretty sure they just get their apisto's from Bay.
* Aquapet (Bondi Juniction) - I no longer go there after I bought two pairs of juvenile jurensis that ended up being some kind of balnd miscellaneous apisto, not to mention the juvenile male agi I got from them that ended up being deformed. Looked like an in-breeding issue to me.
* SLS - nothing really in stock. Wanted to grac a really great looking pair of juvenile cac's but they were being held for someone else already. But yes, they have the new shipment coming in on the 28th August.
* BNC (Matraville) - Th0mas let me know they had jsut had some yellow/blue borellii come out of quarantine through the week. I went there on Saturday and they were all gone already - b*gger! Am dying for some of those. But I did pick up some pandurini, tefe and biataeniata from him. There's not a huge selection left there. He had a few different types still available. I think his tefe's are mainly just males left now. He had bitaeniata's left, a few pandurini's and somehting else (the name escapes me for now).
* Manly Aquarium World - Just went there for their plants. There fish were pretty ordinary. Definitely no apistos (that I saw anyway).

So all in all, not much around at the moment.

p.