PDA

View Full Version : switching!

uh oh discus
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 06:55 AM
thanks to all your tips and informations in this forum, i've learned a great deal about discus. so right now my fish is eating normal. But the question i have is that what are the best ways to get it to accept different kind of food. I've tried turkey heart mix, bloodworm, brine shrimp, but i have veggie mix as well. It respond to brine shrimp... but ignmore blood worm and turkey heart. the reason i want it to accept different food is that i want it to have a more balanced diet and be more healthy. any suggestions will be greatly appriecated. thanks

jim from sydney
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 07:18 AM
there are lots of ways.......from talking nicely to them to......starving them for a while.....
but seriously, anyway will do, when hungry they will eat, you could try however,

1. try mixing the foods together
2. dont feed for a few days and then slowly introduce to the new food

you just need to be patient ...discus can go a few weeks without food so dont worry if they dont eat for a while

good luck

Phlipper
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 08:04 AM
Doesn't matter if it's Discus or Guppies, when they are hungry enough they will eat what's given to them, let them go without until they eat, spoiling them may end up being a problem anyway if one food supply is unavailable.................never heard of anyone feeding turkey heart before, do they Gobble it down ? :P

Peaches
Tue Aug 22, 2006, 05:40 PM
rofl @ Phil

We changed one of our pellet foods and just started putting it in with the other foods we were feeding, they now eat it with no problem. We took out one food and replaced it. They eat what they want to and when they're hungry. Just like little kids :lol: