PDA

View Full Version : DF.com really slow lastnight, anyone else had a problem?

Nathan
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 12:51 AM
lastnight i found the forum to load extremely slow an then i went an saw if it was my internet an went to another site then couldnt get back onto the site, before i logged off i looked at how many users were online, i hadnt seen so many all on at the same time, around 10.30pm lastnight.

just curious as to if anyone else had this problem!

shewey
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 01:38 AM
Seemed ok to me...but I just noticed that aquaticgardensaustralia seems to be getting redirected to fox studios or something like that. Is that just me? Looks like they have been hacked?

Nathan
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 01:42 AM
i dont seem to be havn that problem, i just click on the link near the top of the page an it takes me right there

shewey
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 01:46 AM
hmmm...wierd. problem must be at my end.

Nathan
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 01:47 AM
try deleting all your temp internet files an cookies an clear history, you can do this by right clicking on the internet explorer icon then go to properties, see if that helps

shewey
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 02:03 AM
argh, just did a google and looks like there is a virus that redirects you to foxmovies. Pretty strange, we have so many firewalls and AVs running here that nothing usually gets through. I'll run a full system scan.

Cheers,
Mark

php_admin
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 03:07 AM
lastnight i found the forum to load extremely slow an then i went an saw if it was my internet an went to another site then couldnt get back onto the site, before i logged off i looked at how many users were online, i hadnt seen so many all on at the same time, around 10.30pm lastnight.

just curious as to if anyone else had this problem!

We are aware of this. Just like what happenned with the Cichlid City website 2 days ago, some fools on another Australian aquarium forum ran a series of pings on the server which slows the sites down. What they dont realise is the ip addresses of the culprits are known, and they arent only delaying this site, but several others which has annoyed a lot of people that have nothing to do with whatever they were trying to achieve.

php_admin
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 03:11 AM
Seemed ok to me...but I just noticed that aquaticgardensaustralia seems to be getting redirected to fox studios or something like that. Is that just me? Looks like they have been hacked?

AGA is fine, no viruses or malicious code was found on the server anywhere.

Nathan
Thu Aug 17, 2006, 05:47 AM
oh ok, it was just that i had never had a problem with it before an was wondering if it was just my computer.

anyway hope you guys work out how to fix it soon, anyway take care