PDA

View Full Version : MAGA SIZE

mohd
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 07:54 PM
Hi...All
I've 7 months fry that all only 3 inches (included tail)...from here can i feed them to reach maga size around 5-6 inches?
What to do if it possible?

Proteus
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 10:13 PM
Aside from feeding them a varied diet (Bloodworms, Brine Shrimp, Beef Heart, & commercial dry foods).

The most important thing for good growth is lots of water changes and pristine water conditions...

thats the key to healthy and gorgeous Discus, actually, for that matter, just about any type of fish.

kalebjarrod
Sat Aug 21, 2004, 01:45 AM
i would say consistant water changes,

some people think that they can do a heap of changes then back of for a few weeks then get suck back into it.

consistant water changes, good water quailty, and a varied diet

:wink:

Merrilyn
Sat Aug 21, 2004, 03:03 AM
Take advice from Proteus - varied diet - lots of small meals spread thru the day and most important - water changes. Your fish may not achieve 6 inches but you will be giving them every opportunity to grow. BTW smaller size fish will still have normal babies that can grow to full size.

Mattzilla
Sat Aug 21, 2004, 04:25 AM
definately go with a variety of QUALITY food and daily water changes. i make my own beefheart mix and only use the very best/high qaulity ingredients. i feed my discus lots of small meals as often as possible. my big marlbro is at about 6 inches now and still growing:)

flukes
Sat Aug 21, 2004, 05:25 AM
Agree with all of the above, plenty of water changes and variety in feeding.

One more thing mate, can please not post your whole question in capitals, if translated to speech you are yelling, also makes it a bit easier too read.

mohd
Sun Aug 22, 2004, 10:06 PM
1l

mohd
Sun Aug 22, 2004, 10:08 PM
Hi...Kalebjarrod,
are you going to explain the cheap method water change by recycle the polluted water with biofilter or whatever we could find and make it work?right? Some people noticed that the method of recycling provides many advantages also some counties do as such?like Singapore.

i would say consistant water changes,

some people think that they can do a heap of changes then back of for a few weeks then get suck back into it.

consistant water changes, good water quailty, and a varied diet

mohd
Sun Aug 22, 2004, 10:11 PM
Did you mean that the next generation could be reach 6 inches?

Take advice from Proteus - varied diet - lots of small meals spread thru the day and most important - water changes. Your fish may not achieve 6 inches but you will be giving them every opportunity to grow. BTW smaller size fish will still have normal babies that can grow to full size.

mohd
Sun Aug 22, 2004, 10:14 PM
so far, I feed them with mixed food? chicken egg, sea massel, and dry yeast in day time and some commercial food at night time. I feed them every 4 hours and 25-30% water change daily (Wet & Dry filter)

definately go with a variety of QUALITY food and daily water changes. i make my own beefheart mix and only use the very best/high qaulity ingredients. i feed my discus lots of small meals as often as possible. my big marlbro is at about 6 inches now and still growing:)

kalebjarrod
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 08:41 AM
sorry mohd,

my point was the regulary water changes are needed

ie: 1 water change every week is far better than 4 water changes in one week once a month. :wink:

Proteus
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 08:56 AM
p.s. Please try and avoid replying to yourself... just use the edit feature in the initial post and add the text there unless a reply has been added from another user...

thx

mohd
Mon Aug 23, 2004, 10:46 PM
How much water change is the best?

flukes
Tue Aug 24, 2004, 01:40 AM
There is no set number,
I think the main thing is that your doing enough water changes too keep the nitrates under 10 (most say 15-20 but i like to keep it under 10).

Another thing is that there is no point doing water changes unless your change water is just about exactly the same as the tank. Lower temps will cause white spot and a ph difference will cause ph shock. It best too have your age storage water held for 24 hours too make the neccessary adjustments so you want have any problems with this.

HTH.

kalebjarrod
Tue Aug 24, 2004, 08:46 AM
my suggestion is 25% - 35% per wek

i know of people who do less, and have some great results
i know of people who do more and have great results

regular consistant water chnges are the go, and i agree with flukes heat the water. Age it if you can but worst case use treated tap water, better to change the water than wait for it to age sometimes.

i think the trick is consistancey

mohd
Tue Aug 24, 2004, 01:02 PM
Hi..Flukes...thk for your message, that all fine for me to keep the water age before change. I have started to change 25% daily and seems thing going well day by day.