PDA

View Full Version : *** HUGE RAFFLE ***

Proteus
Thu Feb 26, 2004, 09:34 PM
Just testing the water with some ideas...

how many of you guys would be interested in a raffle, say tickets @ approx $5 with the prize being either a US$200, CA$250 or AU$250 voucher to spend at a designated regional fish store. As indicated by the 3 different $$$ amounts it would be open to residents of all three countries, and during the process I will see what other goodies can be thrownin as well... minor prizes could include things like Polo Shirts, caps, etc...

let me know what you think???

Essayons89
Thu Feb 26, 2004, 10:20 PM
I think that this sounds like a really good idea. Those are some nice prizes.

Bryan

Proteus
Fri Feb 27, 2004, 12:12 PM
...or would adding another $50 - $100 on top of what has been mentioned generate some excitement...

and, after costs have been covered, all funds go to a Universally known charity such as the Starlight Foundation... or any other worthwhile charity that may be suggested...

put something back to those that do such a great job, day in, day out..

flukes
Mon Mar 01, 2004, 07:07 AM
sounds good iam in..

tennhound
Mon Mar 01, 2004, 12:48 PM
Sounds good to me. Just keep us posted on things.

MARIE

Mattzilla
Thu Mar 18, 2004, 02:56 PM
i'm in mate for sure!!!!

sound like good prizes to me....maybe instead of shirts/caps etc you could have testing kits, fish foods etc

matt

Cory21
Thu Mar 18, 2004, 06:03 PM
WOW! how did I miss this post??? I'd be in~

Proteus
Mon Mar 29, 2004, 01:51 PM
OK... nothing is set in concrete yet...

But to start off with I am going to organise some prizes/vouchers etc, in exchange for some research and documentation for the new "Articles" feature which will be launched shortly...

Then will move on to a monthly raffle, lucky member type promotion...

and then the Big Daddy... a Bi-Annual raffle that will have a minimum prize value of $250 (the more tickets that are sold, the larger the prize... so all $$$ goes back to the members here)

So for example, if the tickets are $3 or 5 for $10 and say 50-70 members purchase either 1 or a few tickets the prize will be at least $600 to spend at the Sponsor LFS of your choice. (for areas where there is no sponsor LFS a store will be found and arrangements made)

:D

Himbo
Wed Apr 21, 2004, 11:28 AM
and, after costs have been covered, all funds go to a Universally known charity such as the Starlight Foundation... or any other worthwhile charity that may be suggested...

How about the "fill Himbo's tank full of discus" charity? :wink:

So is this idea going ahead?

Proteus
Wed Apr 21, 2004, 01:25 PM
Yes it is... just need to get a few other projects finished, then possibly doing it as a combined event between this and other AquadotNetwork websites...

so it should be quite big...

luvfishies
Thu Apr 22, 2004, 02:03 AM
Uhhhh....man oh man, how on earth did I miss this one!

Count me in!

nicklee88
Wed Oct 20, 2004, 04:03 AM
is this still going a head, just found this thread, i may be too late

BlackGhost
Wed Oct 20, 2004, 09:05 AM
Im wuldike to be in but.......
How would i pay as i have no credit card and i work in a lfs would you like me to ask or should i not bother because not many people are up around here?

Proteus
Wed Oct 20, 2004, 01:08 PM
We have already had one on ABF.com....

There maybe another sometime soon

Mattzilla
Wed Oct 20, 2004, 01:11 PM
spewing i missed it