View Full Version : ADA August Meeting

Proteus
Wed Aug 02, 2006, 06:43 AM
When is this scheduled for?

Is August the AGM? (cant remember)

Lets try and get a few people out there and get things shaking

chris@yen
Wed Aug 02, 2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah, i'm keen on coming back and renewing my membership. When's the next meeting? :)

DiscusMan
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 04:34 AM
Ok there is some news.

As many of you may or may not have known the ADA has been on a steady decline in members since our last big show in November of 2004. Currently there is probably only 8 people who actively and regularly come along to our meetings.

The decline in membership has been due to many events that surrounded the show we put on way back in 2004.

I am very pleased to say that we finally had a meeting yesterday and i feel we are close to finally getting rid of one of the major dramas that has plagued our club.

So yes the AGM is being held this month on the 26th of August to be exact.

With the bad things soon to be put behind us i am very hopefull that we can get many of the old people to come back to the meetings and hopefully a lot of new faces. The current small bunch of people that we have attending the meetings have done a great job this year of keeping the ADA going and at the same time raising money in the process but in order to make our meetings more than a monthly BBQ and chat we need more input from more people. I have already made plans for the Fish Vet to attend our meeting in October but still need to 100% confirm this date with him. There is many more things we can organise but it is pointless organising things and telling you about them here until we actually have people coming along to the meetings.

So if you want to get out from behind your keyboard once a month and meet some very nice people who will sit there and talk about their love of fish with the same enthusiam as you have yourself then please do come along.

So as always we will be there from 7:30pm having our BBQ and chatting. There will be Beef heart Discus mix food for sale. I will bring along some Discus Youngens to sell as well as some brisstlenose babies at a bargain price.

The clubs really does need some support for the coming year from both attendance and people that may be willign to help out in filling a committe position of some sort (no pressure) :)

Hope to see you all there.

Regards

Wayne

norto
Wed Aug 09, 2006, 11:41 AM
I would be interested in joining wayne where do you hold the meetings?
I live near Bathurst in the Central West.
Regards
Norto. :)

Escher
Wed Aug 16, 2006, 05:48 AM
I would be interested in joining wayne where do you hold the meetings?
I live near Bathurst in the Central West.
Regards
Norto. :)

The Lion's Den
42a Ross Street
Parramatta, NSW.

oldgreymonkey
Wed Aug 23, 2006, 11:15 PM
I have been trying come to a meeting and check out ADA ever since I moved to Sydney in Feb, but 7:30 Saturday nights is just not a good time for me. However, I'm going to try and come along this weekend, even if only for a short time; and now that my tank is ready for discus (at last) I'll bring my wallet if I get there.

BTW: What strains of young discus do people usually take along to sell?

Hope to see you there
Adrian

DiscusMan
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 06:03 AM
Ok just a note on the meeting as well.

The AGM will commence at the conclusion to the normal meeting.

This allows for the outgoing committee to inform the members to what has been happening in the last month and say there final things to the members before they hand over the positions to the new committee.

Not sure what time all this will happen but the general meeting will be started at 7:30 and the AGM will commence at the conclusion to the normal meeting.

Wayne

DiscusMan
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 06:04 AM
I will be taking along a limited number of Cobalts, turqs, blue diamonds adn maybe a couple of goldens.

Wayne

DiscusMad
Thu Aug 24, 2006, 02:56 PM
its a shame that i work sat nights but maby next month or at worse next year I would be able to start going to meetings and bring a friend or 2

oldgreymonkey
Fri Aug 25, 2006, 01:48 AM
I cant win. Just as my tank is perfect for Discus introduction it springs a leak!!!! So, it looks like i'll be spending my weekend emptying my tank (undoing all the hard work I did establishing the plant life and eco-system) and getting it fixed (the tank it too big for me to fix I think).

Obviously I won't be able to purchase any discus at the meeting and depending on how it all pans out I may not even make it; which is all unfortunate as I was looking for snake skin, turks and cobalts so I could have found a couple from Wayne.

Not to worry Discus keeping is a game of patience at the best of times anyway.

Adrian