PDA

View Full Version : What plants

Jadels
Fri Jul 28, 2006, 12:31 AM
Ok i have an algae problem its dark and hairy but i read a thread a little down and going to treat it with seachem flourish excel and see how that goes, but i think with the water at 30C it deteriorates some of my plants. I have an anubris on a log which thrives and i have another broad leaf plant which goes great. But i also have a plant with white lines on the leaves and it is just deteriorating and falling apart i think from the temp of the water. What plants work well at this temperature?

Phlipper
Sat Jul 29, 2006, 12:44 AM
Your plant problem may be more than just simply water temp problems, could be fertiliser, lighting , filtration, substrate or a number of things. Most plants should survive well in a temp of 30oC, but some of the toughest are things like various Sword plants, Ambulia, Star plants, Blue Stricta, Java Fern, Java Moss, Crypts etc etc etc etc, there are dozens that will thrive at 30oC so maybe your problem lies elsewhere ?

Jadels
Sat Jul 29, 2006, 03:28 AM
Thanks for that - it just seems strange that some plants thrive (have anubris and the other in there for 7 months) with out a problem in the world (exept a little algae growth because my tank is right next to a window) but it gets treated, i figured it was more just the type of plant i had bought that wasnt suitable for the water temp.. but i'm going to get some seachem flourish excel next tuesday so hopefully then everything will live happily ever after (and it will kill the dredded BBA)