PDA

View Full Version : Just Double Checking

JarradH
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 12:43 AM
This Weekend Im planning on purchasing my first lot of discus 3 red turks Im just checking if what i got in my tank is alright. Its a standard 4ft 55 gallon tank

15 x cardinals
4 x dwarf gouramis
6 x cory sterbai
2 x kribensis

now when the kribensis is breeding they will be relocated into a 2ft tank is what i have alright

im planning on purchasing 3 red turks this weekend then two weeks later 2 pigeon bloods is this cool?

Nathan
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 03:11 AM
what type of filtration are you using?

the fish you have in there are ok, not sure about the gouramis though, i personally wouldnt keep them in there

JarradH
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 08:21 AM
fluval 404

Nathan
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 11:15 AM
oh ok, well that all sounds fine, id be doing at least 2 water changes a week, an if you can id be gettin rid of the gourami's

mcloughlin2
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 12:21 PM
How about your water parameters .. ?

Whats the ammonia , nitrate , nitrite and ph levels like ?

JarradH
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 01:21 PM
good question lol.... its melbourne tap water lol...ive been doing three water changes a week with jus melbourne tap water a bit of bog wood n a plant ( fyi i got all plastic plants except one).... this filter is cycled cus it was used previously on an african tank./... ill goto my mates n get everything tested in the next 48 hours to checkeverything is alright

Merrilyn
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 02:14 PM
Sounds good Jarrad. Your next purchase should be some test kits of your own. It's always good to have them on hand.

The only fish I'm not too sure about are the dwarf gouramies. They may be alright, and they may not. Are they male or female, or a mixture. You'll just have to keep an eye on them.

All the rest sounds good.

JarradH
Tue Jul 25, 2006, 10:24 PM
yer sounds like a good idea lol i used to have one that tested everything but it was over a year old and the instructions said that i should replace it every 6 months so it got binned

JarradH
Wed Jul 26, 2006, 03:20 AM
three of them are definate males, the fourth i dunno yet