PDA

View Full Version : Classifeds/Trader terms of use ***UPDATED MAY 2011***

Proteus
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 02:26 AM
If you are going to use this section of the forum, you must understand the following, and abide by all guidelines otherwise your post will be edited and/or removed without notice.

Please preceed all posts with...

FS - For Sale

WTB - Wanted to Buy

EOI - Expressions of Interest

Free - Speaks for itself

Anything to do with the hobby can be traded here...

also,

If you post in the Classifieds topic area please ensure you have your location active in your profile.

In regards to For Sale items, the fish or product must be your own, and/or in your possesion, or you are an authorised agent for the seller (which means you take care of every area of the transaction from start to end) can you use this topic area. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the post being deleted immediatley.

***Please Note***

Use of this website to sell or promote the sale of livestock or goods is solely for the use of personal members and designated Sponsors.

Commercial listings by non-sponsor businesses or entities, or websites is not permitted unless authorised by an administrator.

Any listing with large quantities (20+) or multiple listings of the same or different items can also be considered as commercial in nature. (obviously if we know as a community the fish in question have been bred by the member in question, and are not being resold then exceptions will be made).

Topics in breach of this guideline may be edited and or deleted without warning or notice given.

thx

Proteus
Sun Feb 22, 2004, 09:25 PM
Please ensure you have your location active in your profile, and in any posts please

Proteus
Sat Aug 07, 2004, 09:23 AM
Please Note : Use of this topic area is solely for the use of personal members and designated Sponsors & Supporters.

Commercial listings by non-sponsor businesses or entities is not permitted unless authorised by an administrator.

Topics in breach of this guideline will be edited and or deleted without warning.

Thank you for your understanding.

Proteus
Sat Aug 07, 2004, 09:24 AM
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***

Going forward, members who wish to use the Classifieds topic area to buy or sell, must have completed the location field in thier profile.

For those that may not want to put exact suburbs or towns, at least put the nearest city or region, i.e. Sydney, Gold Coast, Nth Queensland, etc.

This will make things easier for buyers and sellers, as well as enabling members to be able to network with other members who they may have not have known were in the same area.

Thank you.

Proteus
Sat May 21, 2005, 10:21 AM
Please remember, this Classifieds area is only for personal members to buy and sell stock and supplies relating to the hobby.

For commercial entities, they must be a current sponsor, as per THIS LIST (http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=811)

Thank you

Proteus
Tue Aug 02, 2005, 08:24 AM
* Bump *

Just a reminder there are specific rules relating to the use of this forum area.

Whilst items such as your location would be great if always loaded, this is the only area that we request it must be, for obvious reasons.

Thank you

Proteus
Sat Aug 13, 2005, 10:51 AM
This Classifieds area is for the buying and selling of aquarium related items only.

Questions in regards to items are welcomed, yet opinions, comments, etc from this point in time are not permitted.

Replies violating this request will be removed, and access to this forum will be removed for the user in question.

If you have nothing good to say or contribute, then dont say anything.

Thank you

Proteus
Mon Oct 31, 2005, 11:42 AM
*Reminder*

Once again,

Commercial listings or commercial type listings by non-sponsor businesses or entities, or websites is not permitted unless authorised by an administrator.

Topics in breach of this guideline will be edited and or deleted without warning.

Proteus
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 11:16 PM
This Classifieds area is for the buying and selling of aquarium related items only.

Questions in regards to items are welcomed, yet opinions, comments, etc from this point in time are not permitted.

Replies violating this request will be removed, and access to this forum will be removed for the user in question.

Thank you

Please keep this in mind, as lately there have been several threads which have turned south bound very quickly. If you have a concern over a listing, take it up privately with either the member concerned or any of the Advisor/Admin team.

Thank you

Proteus
Tue Mar 14, 2006, 11:49 PM
Remember, aside from listing your For Sale items in the classifieds, list them on AquaAuctions.com (http://www.aquaauctions.com) as well.

You will get more exposure and perhaps pick yourself up a bargain as well.

And yes, it is FREE!

Given that sites such as AquaBid are primarily set up for U.S. residents, lets make AquaAuctions.com (http://www.aquaauctions.com) our Aussie alternative.

Over the coming days several of the sponsors here have agreed to list some Super Red Hot Specials which will only be found on AquaAuctions.com.

Proteus
Fri May 05, 2006, 02:45 AM
As a courtesy to other members, please dont use all CAPITALS for your post subject.

WTB, FS, EOI, FREE etc are fine.

CAPS is like shouting, and is bad netiquette.

Thank you

(posts that do not meet this request will be edited and/or removed at the advisors/admins discretion)

Merrilyn
Fri Dec 01, 2006, 02:56 AM
Please read the guidelines that cover posts in this area.

Proteus
Thu Feb 08, 2007, 06:01 AM
Any listing with large quantities (20+) or multiple listings of the same or different items can also be considered as commercial in nature. (obviously if we know as a community the fish in question have been bred by the member in question, and are not being resold then exceptions will be made).

Topics in breach of this guideline may be edited and or deleted without warning or notice given.

Proteus
Thu Feb 08, 2007, 08:40 AM
REMINDER:

If you post in the Classifieds topic area please ensure you have your location active in your profile.

scott bowler
Thu Feb 08, 2007, 09:01 AM
this is happening to offten it should be that a state or area should at least be put in on all members profiles to give us some idea

Proteus
Thu May 24, 2007, 06:28 AM
Updated Terms of Use

This Classifieds area, and other areas of DiscusForums.com unless specifically noted, are for individual sales of personal stock and products. The only exception to this is for those members designated as a Sponsor, Partner or Retailer.

This area is designated for individual trading of goods and services to enable hobbyists to help one another or to provide sponsors the ability to post sales and specials that benefit the community. Individuals posting repeated listings of products, or large group sales of products (without prior approval), and quantities of products or livestock which can be interpreted as a commercial volume (to be determined at our own discretion based on the member, and what is being listed) will be considered commercial entities, and will be treated as such. (i.e. post/thread removed, or edited).

For this reason, we do not allow links or references to commercial breeders, importers, retail establishments, or websites by non-sponsors on any ADN website without express permission or approval through our sponsor program. This also applies to the use of the Private Messaging system and sending forum based e-mails to solicite business or direct traffic elsewhere (which can be tracked).

Thank you

ivo
Thu May 24, 2007, 06:36 AM
Hi Proteus, just to confirm so we won't cross the line here in the future. If someone ask me where did i purchase the discus (say from a non-sponsor) am i allowed to tell the name through PM or not?

Robdog
Thu May 24, 2007, 06:36 AM
Updated Terms of Use
This also applies to the use of the Private Massaging system...

:shock: Probably a typo but just making sure I'm not missing out on anything :wink:

Please delete this post if you like

Proteus
Thu May 24, 2007, 06:52 AM
i.e. Using the PM system to try and subvert the terms of use here, i.e. spamming members with stock to sell or links to other sites which can be detected.

Proteus
Fri Jul 27, 2007, 11:08 PM
Yet another reminder.... :wink:

Please be aware of the following:

In regards to For Sale items, the fish or product must be your own, and/or in your possesion, or you are an authorised agent for the seller (which means you take care of every area of the transaction from start to end) can you use this topic area. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the post being deleted immediatley.

***Please Note***

Use of this website to sell or promote the sale of livestock or goods is solely for the use of personal members and designated Sponsors.

Commercial listings by non-sponsor businesses or entities, or websites is not permitted unless authorised by an administrator.

i.e. In simple terms:

If the fish isnt yours or in your possession, you cant sell it.

You must have your location in your profile, and going forward with some new rules that will be in effect soon, in the title of the thread as well (i.e. [SYD], [VIC], [SA])

Replies not relating to the sale or genuine interest in what is for sale or wanted will be removed, i.e. keep topics on track.

If you find a post or reply of yours moved, before asking why, read the terms of use and you will probably find the answer there.

Proteus
Tue Jul 14, 2009, 10:43 AM
Reminder:

Questions in regards to items are welcomed, yet opinions, comments, etc are not permitted.

Replies violating this request will be removed.

Thank you

Proteus
Fri Jun 25, 2010, 10:39 AM
Just a reminder.

If you want your post to stay visible to other members (i.e. not be removed by an admin or advisor)

Make Sure your LOCATION is in your profile

Thank you

Proteus
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 01:10 AM
Once again, a reminder

Questions in regards to items are welcomed, yet opinions, comments, etc are not permitted.

Thank you

Replying to promote another website is also not permitted...

Proteus
Fri May 06, 2011, 08:59 PM
Please take note:

Refer to my last addition to this thread - If you don't have anything good, or constructive to say about a thread, member or business DON'T say anything at all

If it is factual feedback, yes, the members want to know about it, but do it in a manner that will be beneficial to others, and not expose us to potential issues, otherwise the article will be removed

In reference to comments made in posts that have been removed, NONE of the businesses here pay for advertising, they either approach us, or we invite them here. So there is no favouritism, or special treatment provided

Can we please all just work together to make this hobby something that is enjoyable and rewarding to all those that not only like Discus, but aquarium fish in general

Thank you

ILLUSN
Fri Jul 15, 2011, 02:19 PM
BUMP!!!!

Please have another read of the terms of use

I WILL START ENFORCING THEM!

Thank you

BettaBetta
Sun Jul 24, 2011, 10:25 PM
After spending what felt like an eternity searching the Member Classifieds to no avail (not looking for anything in particular as I tend to buy anything & everything) I fail to understand why those who are advertising items that they're not prepared to post/ship such as fish, large filters, tank set-ups, Co2 etc. don't put, at the very least, the state or city the item is in in their title, it would make life so much easier for those looking to purchase.

ILLUSN
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 12:47 AM
location info should be entered in your profile like in mine

ILLUSN
Advisor

all you have to do is enter it under profile

BettaBetta
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 01:06 AM
location info should be entered in your profile like in mine

ILLUSN
Advisor

all you have to do is enter it under profile

Thank you ILLUSN, I understand that, but I am referring to abbreviating one's State or Suburb in the actual headline of their WTB, FS, WTT ads so people on the other side of the country don't have to open 50 threads to find 1 item available for sale in their city.

BigDaddyAdo
Mon Jul 25, 2011, 02:56 AM
I find it irritating when people write "pick up from Sydney" like its a 5 minute drive from one side to the other !!!!!