PDA

View Full Version : Eggs are now 64-68 hrs old ***success 1 wriggler***

chrissyoscar
Wed Aug 18, 2004, 02:28 AM
Here's a picture of my Red Turq eggs. These eggs are roughly 15-20hrs old. I'll take some more tommorrow if they're still there.

Oscar

Proteus
Wed Aug 18, 2004, 02:30 AM
they look like fertile eggs to me

way to go...

:wink:

chrissyoscar
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 12:18 AM
And here are the shots from this morning.
The eggs are roughly 38-42 hrs and you can see that half have now turned white. If you look at the real close up shot you can see that the rest are starting to turn white all except one which is at the top. That one has a little bit of black in it.
I'm happy that the eggs have lasted this long as the last batch they laid lasted less than 24hrs so this is an improvement. I didn't think these eggs would be fertile as she laid then right under the spray bar from the cannister filter. When I get back from holidays I'll disconnect the cannister filter and add an extra sponge filter. I have two sponge filters at the momment but as I'll be away for two weeks I got my eheim filter set up as well to give the tank extra filtration due to lack of water changes while I'm away.

Oscar

chrissyoscar
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 11:55 PM
Well the eggs are still there but I'm almost certain they're all dead except for maybe 1.
You can see from the picture that almost all have gone white except for a few and there is one that has black in it. The eggs are now between 64-68hrs. From what I've read they should be wrigglers by now so even the black egg might be dead.
I don't think the parents realise that the eggs are no good but I'm sure they'll all become fish food very shortly.

Oscar

chrissyoscar
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 03:17 AM
Success, well sort of.
I have one wriggler out of all those eggs so at least now I know that I have a confirmed pair. I've taken a few shots so here they are.

Oscar

Merrilyn
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 06:44 AM
Congratulations Oscar - a confirmed pair and one baby so far- terrific :D

kalebjarrod
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 08:59 AM
If i was you i would be getting a cigar!

first baby and all

congrates

Chris McMahon
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 09:10 AM
I know that problem - you forgot to tell the discus about the "baby bonus" from the Governement. Let them know next time and the male might improve his aim. :lol:

Proteus
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 11:09 AM
RFLMAO at Chris...

luv it, just luv it...

chrissyoscar
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 11:47 AM
My wife was laughing at Chris' baby bonus gag as well.
I'm happy even though there's only 1 wriggler out of 200+ eggs because at least now I know they're a confirmed pair.
I feel sorry for the little guy as he's got 0% of making it. I can't see the parents wasting there time raising one baby and even if they did I'm of to Queensland in 10 days. This little guy will require feeding 4-6 a day and I wont be around. Oh well :(

flukes
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 03:15 PM
Had exactly the same thing with a pair of mine, the love/hate pair of mine. One wriggler in a sea of fungused eggs, then anothe discus swam past so the mother eat him :cry:

africandiscus
Wed Sep 01, 2004, 12:09 PM
Well done