Sat Jul 15, 2006, 12:27 PM
Okay, I have finally started my planted tank today. So far I have bought:

3 x Annubias on driftwood
Bunches of Ludwigia
Bunches of Pink Baby Tear
Bunches of Liliopsis

Now my question is:

How big do they grow.
How do I trim them. and how often - do I take them out of the tank.
With the Liliopsis, does it grow tall or does it spread.

I have all the flourish products that needs to go in the water.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dearra

anti-generic
Sun Jul 16, 2006, 02:50 AM
How your plants grow really depends on how you keep them. ferts, light, co2 and water conditions al contribute. and as for trimming, just do it when it grows out of shape or when u think it needs a trim. Regular little trims can make your plants grow more dense given they have the conditions to do so.

there really isnt a trimming method for anubias because they grow so slow. my method is to get rid of the older leaves as it gets infested with algea.

your other plants can be trimmed by cutting the stem and replanting the cutting. this will cause your old stem to make shoots just under your cut line. if you want a dense look try cutting them about a inch off the grown. please bare in mind though, only trim your plants if they are growing properly. the easiest way to kill a plant is to trim it when its stuggling.

hope this helps.
Eric

Dearra
Sun Jul 23, 2006, 01:25 PM
Thankyou for your reply Eric. I will keep it in mind. You are right about the Anubias though, mine has algea on the leaves already.

I must be doing something right, my plants have grown 2 inches in a week, and I am sure it is not just wishful thinking and that my eyes are deceiving me, they are really growing. I bought some more plants yesterday and my tank is finally the way I have always wanted.

I would love to show photos of what my tank looks like, but I don't have a clue as to how to get the photos from my computer to here. All I know is, that the photos from the camera goes into a Kodak program.

Could somebody please explain in simple terms how it is done. As you can tell, I am not computer literate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dearra