PDA

View Full Version : HELP Required- see attachments

Rodrigues
Mon Jul 10, 2006, 01:40 PM
Last couple of days the discus started looking off. Firstly water para are ok,
ph6.5, almost nil ammonia and nitrites. 220 litre tank with water changed weekly (30-40 %).
All three of them seem to be eating fine and their breathing is not laboured or out of the ordinary.No gasping for air on the surface. Their pectoral fins are occasionally clamped.
Noticed this white stuff, about 0.5-1mm on one of the foreheads of the discus and on another (no picture) today I saw maybe one or two strands of filamentous opaque stuff about 4-5 cm long on one of the discus but that disspeared after the discus swam around a bit.
As for the stuff on pectoral fin it looks like non uniform white like skin sheading or something.
Their pectoral fins and tails have also opaque looking spots and blotches.
Other things that I saw was a white cotton wool looking clump on part of my plant(anubis). I managed to take some off and had a look at it at work. Looks like fungal hyphae. Will confirm tomorrow when the mycologist is in.
Also 2 of my cardinals have died in the last couple of days when i saw this whithish stuff in the proximity of the dorsal fin.
Sorry this is quite long but the more info availble the better you maybe able to help.
Not sure where to start or what to treat for. I have a hospital tank with a couple of smaller discus about to finish treatment with trichlorfan.
At my disposal are Wardleys fungus ade, Promethyasul,triple Sulpha,Tetracycline, willtry to get metro tomorrow.
What should i do first.
PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!