PDA

View Full Version : Apistos just die....

Noddy65
Mon Jul 10, 2006, 03:21 AM
Hi all...got this from another forum...I think it sums many things up beautifully:

fishgeek,
If your Panduro is already symtomatic the prognosis is not good. I may be more cynical than most but certain generalities seem to apply to Apistogramma. One partner of a pair always dies if you have spawned them once and not salvaged any fry. One partner of a pair often kills the other because no replacements are available. Something they eat disagrees with them and some die. If you really like a certain species and lavish it with the best of everything, it will die.
These fish are perverse; sometimes those you ignore the most live the longest. By all means perform autopsies/fecal analysis. Hell, that's why I have a lab grade microscope. I've learned all kinds of things about fish diseases that have no practical treatments.
Just keep at it and sometimes you end up with a mess of fry from some rare and beautiful species. Getting there is half the fun and all the expense.

Mike

Robdog
Mon Jul 10, 2006, 11:55 AM
Yep....what he said.
...and stuff.

Robdog
Mon Jul 10, 2006, 11:58 AM
By that reasoning, by ignoring my inka's for a week, it will inevitably prolong their lives that little bit longer!

Well done Rob you lazy bastard!

steph
Tue Jul 18, 2006, 05:37 AM
so true.....

my fish are thriving on neglect atm..

steph