PDA

View Full Version : Clamped Tail Fins Of Wild Ramirezi

aprofromindia
Mon Jul 10, 2006, 02:55 AM
Hi there guys I just got a pair of wild rams, now the male is showing brilliant colours while the female is showing clamped fins since I have put her in the tank. Any advice?

wickedglass
Mon Jul 10, 2006, 10:11 AM
are there any other symptoms? like colour of faeces, rapid breathing, apathy, not eating, cloudy eyes? what are your water parameters? temperature? how often do you water change? is there bright light on the tank, other sick fish, do you have plenty of hiding spots, is the male aggressive?
clamped fins may just be nervousness from being moved and she might come right, but it's usually symptomatic of something more. but if you can post more info and your observations, that would help people guess at the problem, "clamped fins" are just not enough to go on.

aprofromindia
Mon Jul 10, 2006, 02:29 PM
Yeah I will attach a couple of pictures of the sick ram. Yea she is hiding among the trees and there is ample hiding spots among bogwood, and plants. No the male is not at all aggressive. Havent seen her eating. Water parameters Temp 28C. No other sick fishes. The male is in the same tank and quiet healthy. No other big fishes as well in tank. Pay sepcial attention to her tail fin. Doin a 32C temp treatment

fishgeek
Tue Jul 11, 2006, 06:43 AM
she looks a littel thin aswell, angular around head and light invesrsion in belly

pay special attention to eating and defecating

rams' are also suppossed to suffer from a viral? problem where they will darken and hang then die 2-3 days later , this is not fully understood and seems particularly common in rams

andrew