PDA

View Full Version : Just wanna do a fast check.

CardBoardBoxProcessor
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 03:04 AM
Ok I have a 72 gallon tank can i put these fish in there...

6 Discus
1 Angel
10-20 black neon
6 cories
? shrimp/crayfish.

I intend to read the stickies.. :D

dcarmau
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 03:43 AM
I'd be a bit iffy about the Angel, aggression problems, it's thought they're more resistant to parasites which might affect the discus, they're also expected to outcompete discus for food.

Don't know what the story is with the shrimp/crays.

but the Black Neons and the Cories are supposed to be fine with Discus.

I'm not sure what the stocking rule really is, but 1 adult Discus to per 10(US)Gallons/ 40L. That leaves 12 Gallons for the other fish. based on that alone I'd consider not putting the Angel in.

others can probably help more than I have, but hope that's a start.

CardBoardBoxProcessor
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 03:51 AM
awwh.. I am jsut inlovwe with black lace angels haha. :P I have seen angles in with them at the LFS. I dunno. it is a LFS you know how they go..

dcarmau
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 03:53 AM
I have to admit, I like Angels too, we have 2 tanks so we can keep both!

I should mention that it -has- been done successfully, but be aware that you may need to remove the Angel.

CardBoardBoxProcessor
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 04:01 AM
I have to admit, I like Angels too, we have 2 tanks so we can keep both!

I should mention that it -has- been done successfully, but be aware that you may need to remove the Angel. :? yeah.. angels seem fine untill something comes into its imaginaery box then they go and bump at them..

rsoares
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 08:54 AM
I have to agree, on the angels being a no-no with Discus.
A friend of mine, lost two Discus because of an Angel. It wouldn't let them eat and it kept bullying them. :?

CardBoardBoxProcessor
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 03:39 PM
well.. whata bout the r=rest of the desired set up?

CardBoardBoxProcessor
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 04:00 PM
:? but I see angles in discus pictures all the time.

rsoares
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 09:27 PM
Well, the rest of setup is fine, but in my personal experience, a shoal of Petitella's look really good with discus as well...

CardBoardBoxProcessor
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 11:35 PM
:? mm.. if I start the tank with angles (hardy fish) will they eat those tetras or Petitella ? :shock:

FishLover
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 02:27 AM
I don't think shrimp/crayfish are good idea.

I guess it's all depends on what kind of shirmp you have.

Crayfish may kill your discus if they are big enough. I had one killed my 4" African Cichlid a while back before I had my discus. They crayfish was only about 2.5" at that time.

CardBoardBoxProcessor
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 02:39 AM
how the heckl did it kill it?

:? I guess tomorrow cray will be going into his own tank.. he snapped off my betta's tail -_- but it swam into his cave..

anyway it is in with my goldfish right now.. :?

wickedglass
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 03:13 AM
the thing with angels is that they may be carriers of parasites which can infest discus. Angels are more resistant to these so it may not be apparent that they carry tthe disease or parasites. That's why many people are reluctant to put angels with discus.

CardBoardBoxProcessor
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 03:30 AM
if I got one and Qt-ed it.. could i medicate for it?

DiscusMad
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 01:56 PM
I have a discus that thinks its an angle and when the angles fight it goes in and breaks the fight up an takes no crap from them either

CardBoardBoxProcessor
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 03:43 PM
I have a discus that thinks its an angle and when the angles fight it goes in and breaks the fight up an takes no crap from them eitherah.. fish.. it is hit or miss some times huh? haha

Idisscusdiscus
Sat Jun 24, 2006, 06:10 PM
Angels are a lot more aggressive then discus and they will typically outcompete discus for food.

DiscusMad
Tue Jun 27, 2006, 02:41 PM
true but i am waiting a few more weeks untill I can get some SS smaller that that one to go with

CardBoardBoxProcessor
Tue Jun 27, 2006, 08:16 PM
well.;. could I get a food net.. and angels will nibble off that and discus feed on food dropped in? :?