PDA

View Full Version : Angels

Inspiringfish
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 06:22 AM
Wasn't sure where to post this?? Does anyone know where to get information on Angel Fish?? Is there any forums?

I was thinking I'd like to start an Angel tank.

Thank you.

sammigold
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 06:29 AM
This isnt a forum but it is a link I found that talks about angels and their care... HTH

http://www.angelsplus.com/AllAboutAngelfish.htm

goldenpigeon
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 06:37 AM
Topic moved: Discus Tankmates

try www.ausfishforum.com

dcarmau
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 11:14 AM
you'll probably find some hints on www.fishgeeks.com

I'm happy to answer questions if I can... I've kept angels since 2003.

Phlipper
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 12:16 PM
Lost track of it now but there is an American based forum that deals specifically with Angels, keep googling 8-)

I also am an avid Angel breeder of some time, breeding different types such as Albino Pearlscales, German Smokeys, Blushing Ghosts, Blue Ghosts, Koi, etc etc......happy to assist if I can.

dcarmau
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 12:30 PM
ooooh, some of those sound fantastic Phil! do you ship? ;)

Phlipper
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 12:42 PM
Hmmmmm, not really...........I have done once but it's a bit of a hassle, however I may consider it again sometime. I have nothing but Veiltails and standards ready for sale ATM, the Ghosts and Blues are not ready yet, but I have several hundred of them, I'll keep you in mind when they are at a saleable age, probably 6 to 8 weeks away.

I have some Albino Pearlscales, but only about 25 or so good ones, plus my original breeding pair, and I'm not sure I want to part with any of them yet. They are a weak strain, been inter bred too many times I think and not many make it to adult size. I want to breed them out with another type of similar angel as soon as they attain adult size to hope to keep the line going..........but that's a while off yet sadly, these fish are so good looking................just gotta show 'em off again. I'll get keel hauled for this but...........they are better than Discus :argue

dcarmau
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 12:50 PM
:O Better than Discus!?!

Blasphemy! lol.
They are gorgeous (we have an angel tank and a Discus tank here) it's -so- hard to find nice angels in Tas.
We're at a point where we're looking at getting some more fish, it's (technically) my partner's tank, but if I showed him some nice pics and a probable price, I can probably convince him! lol ;)

I'm really trying to find some Koi Angels if I can. If you know any Angel breeders in Tas who breed them I'd be forever grateful! it's that big blue gap that causes us so much trouble, I often think...

Thanks Phil!

Inspiringfish
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 02:45 PM
You people are the BOMB!!! I new you would know.

I haven't read through everything yet (I'm at work). BUt I will.

I've asked around, went to LFS, and inquired at another forum,,, no help. Quick posting at the best forum on the net and BOOOM, help is on the way.

Thank you all for your replys!!

dcarmau
Thu Jun 22, 2006, 02:50 PM
You're more than welcome!
Dylan

Hobbs
Wed Dec 06, 2006, 01:09 AM
Wasn't sure where to post this?? Does anyone know where to get information on Angel Fish?? Is there any forums?

I was thinking I'd like to start an Angel tank.

Thank you.

http://www.awforum.net/angelfish/