PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my pairs.

chrissyoscar
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 06:10 AM
Here are some photos of my pairs. I haven't had any success getting past the egg laying stage with both of these but that will change soon, I hope!

Proteus
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 08:08 AM
awesum...

love the 3rd pic especially

chrissyoscar
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 08:20 AM
Thanks Proteus

I took the pictures today and just had to post them. The 3rd pic is the best pic I've taken so far.

Oscar

kalebjarrod
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 08:43 AM
nice pics

i agree that third one ROCKS

lesley
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 09:42 AM
Beautiful fish and some great shots.

Lesley

nicholas76
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 11:45 AM
Hey Chris

how many times have they eaten there eggs??

my melons polished of 10 batches before i got anywhere.

next time ill use wire meshing.

Regards

Nick

Mattzilla
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 01:09 PM
great pictures....the third pick really is an awesome discus!

Chris McMahon
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 03:09 PM
Nice.

Where'd you get them?

flukes
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah that spotted snakeskin came up nice, where did he come from?
That 3rd pic is magazine worthy, you can come take pics of my fish anyday.!!!

chrissyoscar
Wed Aug 11, 2004, 06:28 AM
Thanks everyone I'm rapt with that 3rd photo as well. I can't take all the credit it helps having a good camera.

Chris McMahon - I got the Red Turqs from Coburg Aquarium in Melbourne about 18mths ago. They sold them to me as Red Eagles. The Spotted Snakeskin (Leopard Snakeskin) and the Fineline Snakeskin I got from Oxheart. I also got some real nice Coral Snakeskins from him.

Nicholas76 - The Spotted Snakeskin and Fineline have only laid eggs once but I think they're ready to go again as they're doing the same bow thing your's do.
The Red Turq's have only laid once as a pair but the female has laid eggs twice before with my Pigeon Blood. I seperated her and paired her up with my male Turq as I didn't think the Red Turq and Pigeon Blood were a good combination. I was told that Pigeon blood is a dominate gene and most of the fry would have been pigeon bloods with heavy peppering.
I'm in no hurry for them to lay as I'm going away for 2 weeks in 3 weeks time but once I get back if they keep laying and eating the eggs then I might try a mesh just to see if it works. I'll probably come back from holidays and find baby discus in both tanks wouldn't that be great. :D

Thanks.. Oscar

MangoR34
Wed Sep 29, 2004, 02:00 PM
Wow, very nice! They look awesome Oscar!

Merrilyn
Wed Sep 29, 2004, 03:36 PM
Really nice fish and brilliant photos.

nicklee88
Thu Sep 30, 2004, 05:24 AM
hey

some great shots there, especially the last one

weird
Thu Sep 30, 2004, 07:05 AM
Everyone likes the last one, I like the first one, good healthy poo, healthy discus !

chrissyoscar
Thu Sep 30, 2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

My Spotted Snakeskin and Fineline snakeskin laid eggs yesterday so fingers crossed.
Also my Red turq's laid eggs 7 days ago unfortunately they only lasted 6 hrs. They're showing all the signs of laying again so I'm expecting more eggs from them in the next few days. Well I'm hopeing anyway. :lol:

Oscar

lesley
Fri Oct 01, 2004, 01:15 AM
Great fish, great photos,
what more could you want??

Lesley