PDA

View Full Version : Discus Tankmates :)

northfacehiker
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 02:18 AM
Hi everyone,

First post, glad to be here!

So tomorrow I'm setting up my new 65 gallon tank. Hopefully a month or so down the road after everything is cycled and settled in, I'll get a beautiful discus pair and swing them in. I'm leaning towards Pigeon Blood Discus as they are absolutely amazing looking.

My question is: Can I keep a black ghost knife as a tank mate? They both require similar water conditions from what I understand, and the BGK shouldn't really bother them.

Additionally, what else could I keep in there? I of course don't want to overstock my tank, but I do want there to be plenty of color and happy fish.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice!

mcloughlin2
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 03:55 AM
Refer to this thread..

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4386

Seems they do ok together.. :D

Merrilyn
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have you aboard.

Any of the larger schooling tetras would look good with your discus and BGK.

Have a look in the "Discus Tankmates" forum for some more ideas. :P

northfacehiker
Sat Jun 17, 2006, 04:07 PM
My apologies for not doing enough forum research before posting. I was just excited about my upcoming prospective tank setup.

I'll do some additional browsing and post more if I have any other questions.

Thanks!

Merrilyn
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 05:45 PM
No need for an apology. We're all friends here. Ask as many questions as you like. Lots of friendly folk here willing to share their experiences with you. :P

marg
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 10:33 PM
Ladyreds' right northfacehiker - the more questions you ask the nicer your tank will be and you'll have nice healthy Fish, as everyone on this Forum goes out of their way to help and encourage newbies!.

Welcome to our little (or should I say BIG Community - I watch it growing every day :D ).

When I first started with Discus I visited many Discus sites until I found this one - now I never visit the others - I get so much help from here and my Fish are much better for it, plus I am even confident enough to offer a little bit of advice occasionally if I can, and it is all through asking questions and receiving advice from the many great members here.

Good luck with setting up you tank - you'll soon be as addicted as the rest of us :lol: :lol: .,

Marg.

jim from sydney
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 10:42 PM
When I first started with Discus I visited many Discus sites until I found this one - now I never visit the others - I get so much help from here and my Fish are much better for it, plus I am even confident enough to offer a little bit of advice occasionally if I can, and it is all through asking questions and receiving advice from the many great members here.

Marg.

makes you feel 10 feet tall doesn't it????

marg
Sun Jun 18, 2006, 10:59 PM
Sure does, especially when you meet someone in your hometown who has a 6 foot tank stocked with Discus and two of them have Hex and you are able to give them some of your Metro (one was too far gone but the other survived and is going great) - and it's all thanks to joining this wonderful Forum!!

Marg.