PDA

View Full Version : Breeders within and Shipping to Tasmania

dcarmau
Fri Jun 16, 2006, 01:02 PM
Hi guys!
just looking for breeders who ship to Tassie and/or are located here somewhere, I'm in the North of the State, but am happy to travel to see possibilities.

Cheers!

mistakes r crucial
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 08:44 AM
Hi dcar,

We have a fair few Discus pairs beeding right now, Gold Melons, Spotted Leopards and Web Leopard Snake Skins. All are Roy Khoo fish. Over the next few months we should have Solid Reds, High Fin Blue Diamonds, Red Alenquer Albinos and Golden Leopards too. Be happy to talk to you re Tassy market.
MAC

Ben
Fri Jun 23, 2006, 01:29 PM
dcar, if you want serious discus, Roy Khoo stock bought from Mac is the way to go!

Squid
Wed Aug 08, 2007, 11:18 AM
Mate - when I lived in Launceston in the early 90's, a bloke called Greg Willis had a massive (biggest I've seen in Australia) aquarium fish farm in St Leonards. It is a 3 storey meat processing building/abatoir. Huge. He had over 20 pairs of discus back then. Dont know how to contact him, but he had ties with the aquaculture center at Uni Tas in Launceston. I went throught there with his son, who is now the marketing dude for aquarium industries in melbourne. You could ask the Uni lecturers/staff via the Uni website, or contact Willis via the new Aquarium Industries website. Ben works in a pet shop in melbourne - Ben, have you met this guy Simon Willis before. He often travels with their 'roadshow' and does some lectures for then (AI). If this farm is still going, it will blow you away.

Squid