PDA

View Full Version : Taking pics

Escher
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 02:19 AM
On a more frivolous matter, does anyone have tips on taking pictures of your loved fish? Thank God for the digital era, because I have wasted tonnes of shots!!! :? :lol:
Gianluca

Proteus
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 02:27 AM
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=788

:wink:

Escher
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 03:33 AM
Thank for that! It's a start.

Proteus
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 04:20 AM
hopefully with your question here, and the linked post others may contribute some ideas and advice.

chrissyoscar
Tue Aug 10, 2004, 06:54 AM
My best advise is get as close as you can then when the Discus are settled and not moving around much take as many shots as you can. That's what I do and I normally get a few good shots and the odd great shot out of a lot of bad ones. I also take my shot's with the flash turned of as I get to much glare.
Some people take shot's at night with all the lights in the room off except the tank lights. The reason for this is if the fish can't see you then you're more likely to take some great shots as they won't know you're there.
Almost forgot, the more light you have over the tank the better so if you have a spare fluro use it when taking photos.

Hope this helps... Oscar

Escher
Wed Aug 11, 2004, 01:23 PM
The suggestion (night shot with extra tube) worked much better. Still a looooooong way to go, but I even managed to put together a small gallery.
:lol: Thanks

Pyroman
Wed Aug 11, 2004, 07:29 PM
The real key to getting as natural color as possible, as well as crisp shots, is a dark room with really bright lights. Then, no flash is *hopefully* necessary, and you don't get the reflective discoloration/wash with the flash as well as having the added advantage of the fast shutter speed to really grab that good shot.

Take lots of shots... LOTS of shots... a handful will be decent, and normally one or two are good and/or excellent :wink: