PDA

View Full Version : My Red Turq's have just laid eggs

chrissyoscar
Mon Aug 09, 2004, 11:12 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm rapt, my Red Turq's have just laid eggs. I don't expect any babies though as it's the first time this pair have laid. I'm also going away for 2 weeks in 3 weeks time so I'm hopeing nothing happens yet as I wont be around to look after them.
I put these two together about 1 month ago hopeing they pair up but I thought it'll take longer than it has. Oh well if they do happen to be successful I'll just have to cancel my trip to Queensland. Don't know how I'll tell my wife. Maybe I can fake an injury :lol:

Oscar

flukes
Mon Aug 09, 2004, 03:53 PM
Congrats Oscar, seeing that female picture a while back, looks like they should create some good young.

chrissyoscar
Mon Aug 09, 2004, 07:22 PM
Thanks Flukes

Yeah she's a nice looking discus and the males a nice looking discus as well.
Now to see how long the eggs last. I'm not worried if it takes them a while to get it right. Hopefully when I get back from Queensland I come home to a tank full of fry :o . Might have to pick up that 4x2x2 tank sooner than expected. :P

Oscar

chrissyoscar
Wed Aug 18, 2004, 02:23 AM
My Turqouise laid eggs again yesterday afternoon. I've taken a few shots this morning so here they are. I took these shots with the flash on as I couldn't get a good shot without it.
If the eggs are still there tommorrow I'll take a few more shots.

Oscar

weird
Wed Aug 18, 2004, 09:45 AM
even though can only see a little of the parent, you can tell they are beautiful ... congrats.

Merrilyn
Wed Aug 18, 2004, 10:01 AM
Beautiful Oscar - Just beautiful! Don't ya just luv em.

chrissyoscar
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 12:46 AM
I've taken some more photos which I've posted in the breeding section. The eggs are now 38-42hrs but half have turned white.

Oscar

fishpimp
Fri Aug 20, 2004, 09:22 AM
excellent oscar, i reckon that 4x2 tank will be needed sooner than u may have previously thought

chrissyoscar
Sat Aug 21, 2004, 01:11 AM
Yeah I think your're right. When I get back fro QLD I'll get it delivered and set it up. The cycle will take 3-4 weeks so with any luck I'll have some young baby Turq's to put in there. I'll do a fishless cycle with ammonia and if there's nothing to put in it when it's ready then I'll just keep adding ammonia to keep the bacteria alive until I do have something.

Oscar

Plecostomus
Sat Aug 21, 2004, 05:04 AM
those eggs almost look like they're in a pattern! wierd!