PDA

View Full Version : A. hoignei

wickedglass
Tue May 30, 2006, 02:15 PM
Anyone know anything about these? I'm finding it difficult to get info on them online. Recently I had the good luck of aquiring some babies of these. Atm they're in the rearing tank eating like little troopers and already exhibiting territorial and dominance behaviour. The water is at 6.8 pH and soft as an overripe avocado. They get daphnia, baby brine, the odd blackworm and a mix of finely ground commercial food and special fry formula.
If anyone out there has got some more info on these (taxonomic as well as keeping), that'd be great!

Robdog
Tue May 30, 2006, 04:05 PM
If the pics I found are anything to go by then you've potentially got some little beauties there.

Robdog
Tue May 30, 2006, 04:14 PM
Geez Wicked :roll: I don't know what's so hard about using google. This is what I found. I think it's pretty self explanatory! :roll:

"Rustige, vreedzame soort die uitstekend kan worden samen gehouden met andere, kleine vissen die voornamelijk de bovenste waterlagen bevolken. Aangezien het mannetje polygaam is, is het aan te raden om bij een mannetje meerdere vrouwtjes te houden."

Emphasis on the voornamelijk and the "het aan te raden om" :wink:

arjay
Tue May 30, 2006, 04:44 PM
Geez Wicked :roll: I don't know what's so hard about using google. This is what I found. I think it's pretty self explanatory! :roll:

"Rustige, vreedzame soort die uitstekend kan worden samen gehouden met andere, kleine vissen die voornamelijk de bovenste waterlagen bevolken. Aangezien het mannetje polygaam is, is het aan te raden om bij een mannetje meerdere vrouwtjes te houden."

Emphasis on the voornamelijk and the "het aan te raden om" :wink:
That's basically saying that the fish is quiet, peaceful and polygamous.

DATZ says that the fish is from the A. macmasteri group so maybe it's similar enough that you can use macmasteri as a guide.

wickedglass
Wed May 31, 2006, 02:18 PM
cool, thanks for the replies, guys