PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new to discus

zeus
Fri Aug 06, 2004, 06:01 PM
Hello all, just thought i would join, just got my first discus monday, but i've been keepign fish since i was a little kid, i figure its been about 11 years now.

i didn't have plans to realy try discus, but a new store just opened here, the first in many years, and they were selling discus for $12 a peice, so i figured now was as good as time as any to try my hand at them.

anyways heres my discus, i only got one right now thou.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6w0hq/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/artemis04.jpg.w300h225.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6w0hq/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/artemis.jpg.w300h225.jpg

i've been told she looks a little stunted based on her eye.

Proteus
Fri Aug 06, 2004, 10:57 PM
Welcome to DF.com Zeus...

just a word of advice, Discus feel safer in numbers, although I am aware many are on there own and happy as a pig in mud.

$12... :shock: I am guessing you are stateside???

zeus
Sat Aug 07, 2004, 10:53 PM
yeah im in the states,

but this was my first buy from this store, so i wanna make sure the fish was healthy and all before i went and buy more.

she seems happy, she's active and all, but im not sure she's eating.

Merrilyn
Sun Aug 08, 2004, 03:33 PM
Welcome to the addiction Zeus. Lots of good advice to be had from experienced breeders and owners here. Remember, discus may take a little time to settle into a new tank, and they do love company. Try a variety of foods, both dry and frozen till you find something your fish likes. And remember those water changes, a least 2-3 times a week. A very warm welcome to Discus Forums.

Mattzilla
Sun Aug 08, 2004, 11:25 PM
welcome zues!

Annie
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 03:05 AM
Hi there and welcome to the board. :D
Wow, 12 bucks huh? That is great...I think the cheapest I have seen them is $25 and that is a good deal from a shop that sometimes can order them.

kalebjarrod
Thu Aug 19, 2004, 11:23 AM
Welcome to heaven for the discus lover,

discus themselves have trouble typing on the keypad to enjoy the site

geuss thats fair though, i have troble breathing underwater! LOL

grettings