PDA

View Full Version : discus laying on side plez help quick

Red Tail Shark
Sat May 20, 2006, 01:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

went out to do my last feed tonight and he ws lying on his side when i went to move him he dint seem to have alot of control swiming out of balance anyone got any ideas on what to do

cheers Cal

goldenpigeon
Resident Cool Guy

Pictures: 1
Personal pictures: 1
Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey mate,
it sounds like a swim bladder disorder. we need more information before i can be sure thoagh.

PLEASE NOTE: when using the illness and medications section always provide the following details: tank specs. water parameters, fish affected (how many, 1, 2, all etc) and an overview of what has been going on in the last few days (any spray cans been used near tank etc).

it is very hard for people to help you out when we have such a short description to work with. certainly the more details you give the faster we can come to a conculsion to help you and you dont get a million questions about people asking you for tank specs and water parameters etc.

just a reminder

i hope we can help you out soon!

cheers
David

Red Tail Shark
Wriggler

Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:08 pm Post subject:

sorry about lack of info to much going through my mind at once trying to find out what to do

tank size is 3ftby18by16
water condition is aged as i had fish living in it before i ripped them out antd put my 3 discus in only 1 is affected water is changed every 3-4 days 30% maybe a bit more but not much change water consists of to every 200litres 1cup of salt 2 teaspoons of bicarb 1 teaspoon of epson salts my water stays alkaline im going out to test it now should i put some prime in i did before i introduced them 2-3 days ago oh and they have definatly been eating as the bottom of my tank is glass and i can see what they have left behind

cheers Cal

water ph 7.4

sorry first night user under stress with sick discus went into illness and med thread befroe realised emergency was more appropriate but eveeryone has replied in it so plez feel free to delete this one

apologies Cal

HAN 'd' Aquariums
Sat May 20, 2006, 02:19 PM
I have posted a reply on your other thread.
Heidi