PDA

View Full Version : 4x2x2 Set Up ...

Dee
Wed Aug 04, 2004, 02:43 PM
Hi All :)

Finally got my 4x2x2 set up at the new place. its all still work in progress, but its a start !!! it will evolve ... :D

i put a 3ft standard tank underneath for water storage/prep, and just pump straight into the tank .....soooooo much easier than buckets !

All the fish love the new tank, all very active and eating like pigs ! No problems with move from the old 4ft, thanks to flukes and proteus for the advice on the filter ect .

anyway, any ideas or comments welcome ... positive or negative hehe!! :D

sorry for the crappy pics

Cheers !

Dee
Wed Aug 04, 2004, 02:46 PM
1 more !

Proteus
Wed Aug 04, 2004, 02:48 PM
Very nice indeed...

and I totally love the chunk of wood, get some moss or ferns growing off it, and it will look like a million bucks...

Mattzilla
Wed Aug 04, 2004, 03:08 PM
i love the tank set up!!! looks great!

i also like the idea of placing another tank below inside the cabinet to hold water for water changes....very clever...

lesley
Thu Aug 05, 2004, 10:08 AM
I love that tank!

Do you know what the wood is?

Lesley

Dee
Thu Aug 05, 2004, 01:57 PM
Hi all !

Thanks for the reply's and comments :D

Yeah the discus love the driftwood too, im not sure what type it is.

i currently have the following fish in the tank.

5 Juvi discus (various red strains).
4 Pepper corys
2 Peppermint Plecos
12 Cardinals
12 Rummy nose

can i put in any more discus for a tank this size ? 4x2x2. I want to get some red spotted greens, but cant find any quality ones in melbourne. I might get on to SLS to see what they have, if tank space permits. i do 30-40% W/C every second day.

once again thanks to all

Cheers

D

chrissyoscar
Thu Aug 05, 2004, 11:18 PM
Beautiful tank you got there.
In a 4x2x2 tank you should be able to have at least 10-12 adult discus depending on filtration. Apart from your discus all the other fish you have are quite small so I would think you could probably add another 3-5 discus without any problems. With the water changes you're doing you could probably get away with more but I think adding 3-5 more is quite fine.

Oscar

Dee
Fri Aug 06, 2004, 09:59 AM
Hi Oscar :)

Thanks for the reply ! ill most proberly only put another 2-3 in max and see how things go. Im going to get onto SLS in the next day or so and see what they have ! :D :D :D i want some RSG'S, but the ones i have seen look nothing like the ones i want.

once again thanks for the reply !

Cheers

D