PDA

View Full Version : Not happening for me

AdelaideAnt
Wed Aug 04, 2004, 12:32 PM
As a result of a recent SUPER Fungas that has rampageed through my 5ft tank resisting salt, Bactonex and protozin, i've decided to just keep discus rather than breed them. I've got 2 discus on their last legs from this SUPER fungas, ive gone a last shot treatment of Tetracycline Hydrocloride in the hope that it isn't resistant to this aswell, i dont think they wil survive another treatment. I have realised recently that breeding my discus is going to take more time than i can give to care for them and it is affecting and creeping into time where i really should be studying. Also as a result i will probably sell a couple of discus that i planned to breed :(. What i'm going to do is buy up some juvy frontosa for future plans to breed them. And ill get my breeding fix by continuing my breeding of little kribensis :).

I'm hoping one day in the future i can give it another shot.

Things just weren't happening for me with me making so many mistakes due to impatients, frustration and experience. When i was breeding africans i was more content and didn't have to work half as hard.

Anthony :)

PS: lol i can be such a sook sometimes

Proteus
Wed Aug 04, 2004, 02:01 PM
Good things take time...

dont worry, things will fall into place when you least expect it.

Merrilyn
Wed Aug 04, 2004, 02:09 PM
gee mate - I'm sorry to hear that. This has to be one of the most frustrating and heartbreaking breeds of fish to own. I understand where you are coming from. I have been there myself and so have lots of others.But discus have a way of getting into your blood, so you'll never be really free of them. Give it a break for a while if you feel that's best, but I think we'll see you back here one day. All the best mate - I've enjoyed reading your posts.
P.S. Don't be in too much of a hurry to sell your fish though. You may feel differently in a few months.

AdelaideAnt
Thu Aug 05, 2004, 04:26 AM

I just don't think this present time is the right time for me to be breeding discus. Iv'e always had the cichlid bug in general so it wont be too hard to part with my discus because im getting some pearler Frontosas that have been on my wish list for a while. I will be selling all 4 of my blue diamonds and will place a tread for them in the classifides.

Unfortunately yesterday things took a turn for the worst and i lost overnight: (RIP)

Red Dragon
3 Bristlenose
2 Albino Corydoras

Will definately be back in the game in a couple of years and i'll still be around the forum.

Anthony

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 05, 2004, 04:45 AM
I'm thinking of you Anthony. Good luck with those Frontosas. They are pretty cool fish too.

Merrilyn.