PDA

View Full Version : My 4 house tanks

Phlipper
Thu May 18, 2006, 11:33 AM
My main tank of some 500 litres plus, it has a doubled curved front and is about 80 cm deep. This is in the first stages of being a Discus tank, atm it has 6 small Discus, 2 Red Turks, 2 Blue Diamonds and 2 Marlboro Reds. This tank has been running for 6 months now so the plants have established themselves.

It has a simple DIY yeast Co2 unit, the gas being fed into a home made reactor with a small 200lph pump attatched to it, it's plugged into a timer unit so the pump turns off with the lights and the exces Co2 bubbles into oblivian at night when the plants dont utilise it. The plants are doing great, pruning them weekly, just goes to show you dont have to spend big bucks to get results :P

Light set up is 3 fluros, 1 x triphosphor, 1 x aqua glow, 1 x marine glow., the lights are on for 11 hours per day with no algae problems at all.

Plants are a mixture, and I cant remember the names of them all.but there are narrow leaf Java Ferns, standard Java Ferns, Elodea, Swords, Anubias, Rotala Walachii, Wisteria, Ambulia, Vallis etc etc etc

Phlipper
Thu May 18, 2006, 11:38 AM
AR 850 tank, also on yeast system Co2 unit, similar plants to large tank, but has some Telanthera and Blue Stricta, mostly Albino Angels in it, some Tetras and Loaches. This tank has been established for 2 years now and is thriving, and pleased to say has been disease free completely for more than 18 months now......touch wood :?

Phlipper
Thu May 18, 2006, 11:40 AM
Jebo Panoramic 150 litre, running for 2 years now, own Yeast Co2 unit, has been a trouble free tank since first set up.

Phlipper
Thu May 18, 2006, 11:43 AM
My pirate chest tank, I made this one about 2 years ago, just a standard 2 foot tank with the wooden box cover, light built into the lid section. has been used for many fish types, atm it is a nursery for some Golden Panchax I hatched out a couple of weeks ago.

Phlipper
Thu May 18, 2006, 11:45 AM
A different angle

Phlipper
Thu May 18, 2006, 11:47 AM
Another nice angle

aquafrogstuff
Thu May 18, 2006, 12:05 PM
In a word....amazing!!

Do you have more pics of the double fold tank. It looks awesome. Can you also give some specs i.e. filtration, lighting.

Mind if I ask how much a tank like this costs?

Ben
Thu May 18, 2006, 12:43 PM
Awesome!

they are very nice tanks indeed!

Thanks for the photo's!

cheers
Ben

Phlipper
Thu May 18, 2006, 12:54 PM
No problem, this is tthe unit entirely, lights off. It's called a Piano tank, and ahs about 500 litres of water in it. 2 lights built into the top, and I mounted a third light in for more effect. It is filtered by a 1200 lph external canister filter with two 200 wqatt heaters, one each end.

I got the entire unit on special for $1600.00, normally around $2000.00

Phlipper
Thu May 18, 2006, 12:55 PM
And just with the marine blue effect

AussieStar
Fri May 19, 2006, 07:34 AM
all your tanks are sick i really like them

samir
Fri May 19, 2006, 08:21 AM
you are sick :twisted: aren't we all :lol: :lol: :lol: i love the tank in the chest.

Nathan
Fri May 19, 2006, 08:52 AM
i love them all, especially your large paino tank its bloody amazing, but with all the tanks the plants look so healthy and the aquascaping just looks great. youve done a great job phlipper

Phlipper
Fri May 19, 2006, 10:36 AM
thanx crew, I'm really pleased with 'em too.........and so are the fish :P