PDA

View Full Version : Kat's 4ft

KatStar
Tue May 16, 2006, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone :)

Thought I'd share some pics of my tank. Also I've been thinking back & forth about getting a pair of discus for my tank, I've been inspired by all the lovely discus that you guys keep, unfortunately on the weekend I discovered my inline heater isn't working and the temp fell to 19c and I'm not really sure how long its been like that for. I'm amazed the fish all seem fine. So I've put an internal heater in there that I had spare and temp is at 25-26c at this time. I feel that this may not be a good time to buy discus until I have it sorted out.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/o0KatStar0o/P1010054.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/o0KatStar0o/P1010077.jpg

discus000
Tue May 16, 2006, 11:28 PM
Wow that's a very nice tank!

I like the way the plants are growing around that nice piece of wood.
Will you be adding discus in?

:)

SirClutzz
Tue May 16, 2006, 11:42 PM
Very nice tank.

What is the substrate, is it just a basic black gravel, or something like eco-complete?

KatStar
Wed May 17, 2006, 01:12 AM
Discus0000 - Hey we're from the same neck of the woods :D Yeah I'm planing on getting a pair, but I want to wait until I have my heater situation sorted, and maybe even get a UV steriliser first.

SirClutzz I wish it was Eco Complete, but its just standard black gravel.

SirClutzz
Wed May 17, 2006, 01:15 AM
Do you find that it changes your water params at all?

I have read that most black gravel substrates are actually died that colour and was wondering if it's caused any problems. I think black substrates looks awesome, but don't want to get something that is going to mess up the water params

KatStar
Wed May 17, 2006, 01:39 AM
No its not dyed at all. I think its actually crushed marble or something, not entirely sure. My water has be fine, had no problems (hope not to jinx myself)

discus000
Wed May 17, 2006, 03:45 AM
It's good to see a fellow Discus lover in your neck of the woods!

There's a guy Discusman(wayne) ADA president who lives in Prestons who sells Discus.

He's on this forum under the name of Discusman.

Nathan
Mon May 22, 2006, 09:13 AM
thats just beauftiful, do u use co2? someday i wish i have a tank something like that!

marg
Tue May 23, 2006, 12:56 AM
Kat,

Wayne (Ph. 0400 817 024) has some nice Yellow babies at the moment. He also has some Blue Diamonds but they won't be ready for a while. Both Wayne and his wife are really nice people and for someone just starting out their babies are really fairly priced so it would probably be worth your while to give him a call.

Your tank looks lovely - will look even nicer with some little Discus in it :D :D !!.,

Regards,

Marg.