PDA

View Full Version : Metronidazole...........

Heckel
Wed Aug 04, 2004, 12:49 AM
Hi, just wondering if someone could shed some light on how to use metronidazole for the treatment of hexamita eg: what mg/ltr, how often and for how many days and @ what temp. thank......

weird
Thu Aug 05, 2004, 02:39 AM
I think I used 1 tablet of 200mg per 20 or 25 litres of water, treating for 3 days. Do a 50% water change before treating. Then do a 50% water change for 3 days, and re-add metro for the amount of water changed. Please check this ... I don't want to kill any of your fish. Last time I called SLS and asked for advice. Also make sure you don't have carbon in your filter, as I think it will neutralise the metro.

Bad Inferno
Tue Aug 17, 2004, 11:31 AM
for what its worth... I was told by "OAFI" that after the third day of dosing and water change do not change the water for a couple of days so as to keep some residual metro in the tank to stop a quick re-infection.

Proteus
Tue Aug 17, 2004, 04:10 PM
the last bit of advice is correct, wait a few days after the third dose (3-4 days) prior to doing a water change.

jamesmc
Sat Sep 04, 2004, 12:42 AM
I've used triple this dose without the slightest negative effect on the discus (other than the illness itself). Hard to o'd on metro. Some people have been known to take this anti-biotic for 1 year, everyday (yes it's true) for illnesses like q-fever and chronic fatigue syndrome.

James