PDA

View Full Version : Pelvicachromis pulcher spawn

wickedglass
Wed May 10, 2006, 12:57 PM
Yay, take two on my girlfriend's kribs, this time they did it properly.
this time they did it in our 7 footer, we had to barricade a section off for them! I left a cory in there by accident and was too lazy to take it out. Then I noticed earlier today that the two kribs were harassing the cory, so I took her out. As soon as the catfish was gone, the krib girl led all the fry out of the pot! That was the first indication that they'd even laid eggs. They were really casual about it. We knew they were going to do something, at some time, that's why we put the divider in on monday as a precaution ... little did we know they were already so advanced :P
Enjoy the pics :)

wickedglass
Wed May 10, 2006, 01:00 PM
and here's the bubs climbing a mountain :)

Ben
Wed May 10, 2006, 01:26 PM
Congrats on bieng a Daddy!
I just love kribs! were the first fish i ever bred!

Great pics and please keep us posted as they grow!

cheers
Ben

Dan
Wed May 10, 2006, 01:57 PM
Awesome, congrats

i love kribs as well

got a pair in a 4 foot tank

Hope they breed :D

Merrilyn
Thu May 11, 2006, 02:41 AM
Well done Chris. What proud parents they are, just look at them. Well done. :P

Robdog
Sat May 20, 2006, 03:26 PM
How are all your krib fry going?

wickedglass
Sun May 21, 2006, 11:51 AM
hi rob,
probably about 40 fry survive now. we had a disaster just this weekend, we moved them to a new 2ft tank and the old heater we had took it up to about 32C although the water had been stable for a few hours beforehand. we lost about half the fry due to lack of oxygen because of the extreme heat! I guess the surviving ones are the strong ones. as soon as the water went down to 27 C they breathed easier. I threw in 2 buckets of cold tapwater to lower it. No fry died after that and they're happy now they're back at 27C where they're meant to be. I have some viejita fry and guppy fry amongst them, too. this afternoon some eggs which I scraped off on friday morning from one of my tank walls hatched and yielded about 20 corydora fry. we have also got a pair of Pelvicachromis sacrimonti making overtures at spawning, I think we might have fry from them within the next 2 weeks.
now the fry tank is set up, stable and provided with provisions for dividers, we can raise a few stages of fry from different species ;)

Robdog
Sun May 21, 2006, 03:59 PM
Sounds like you've got a good little production going there and you'll have your hands full for a little while anyway