Tue May 09, 2006, 10:21 AM
That's one good looking fish, well fed too... :wink:

steph
Tue May 09, 2006, 11:44 AM
very very nice Mike...

:D

AdamR
Tue May 09, 2006, 11:51 AM
What locality is that. It is one of the nicest aggies ive seen.

Adam

Noddy65
Tue May 09, 2006, 12:30 PM
Its just one of the bog standard aggies you buy from the LFS...no location that I know of...Ive posted in AF as well...lets see if someone there can come up with a location.
Mike

Ben
Tue May 09, 2006, 12:48 PM
nice agassizi Mike!
cheers
Ben

wickedglass
Tue May 09, 2006, 12:55 PM
beautiful fish, Mike! I want one!!!

Th0mas
Tue May 09, 2006, 01:52 PM
Nice fish Mike!

Thomas.

AdamR
Tue May 09, 2006, 10:52 PM
Well if thats a bog standard one, Ive been seeing very below standard ones. If anyone knows anywhere that is selling a fish such as this in NSW can you please either post here of PM me. If it was sold as a bog standard one, it is almost impossible that you will be able to identify it as anything. Although with a fish so beautiful it doesnt matter, just take a photo of the parents anywhere you want to sell them.
Adam

Noddy65
Tue May 09, 2006, 11:14 PM
from Mike Wise
Nice A. cf. agassizii (Net/Netz) form; probably from around Alenquer, Brazil. This fish is sometimes mis-identified as A. sp. Tefé.

kevkoi
Wed May 10, 2006, 01:11 AM
Unfortunately, mike cannot be correct. These are what I've been sending out as just the regular agassizi.

They all look good as adult fish if cared for well. With a bit more red coloured food, the tail will go more red and start looking a bit more like benny's aga.

I'm positive it cannot be the Tefe variant.

Th0mas
Wed May 10, 2006, 01:24 AM
Yep - that's pretty standard aggie alright (not the local Australian standard).

Over the years, the main supplier for aggies in Oz is various breeder which hasn't had much new blood introduced into their breeding stock. Hence the colour, form, etc qualities are fading away over time. I once had a shipment of apisto from Melbourne and they all turned out to be deformed.

So thanks for the recent push, we now have some fantastic quality fish around. Hopefully some of us will be successful propergating them and flush out the bad ones from the market. As we all know - bad quality fish don't attract interest from buyers hence the demand will never increase with apisto with sub-standard fish.

Thomas.

fishgeek
Wed May 10, 2006, 07:07 AM
kev mike said
Nice A. cf. agassizii (Net/Netz) form; probably from around Alenquer, Brazil. This fish is sometimes mis-identified as A. sp. Tefé.

i highlight the important bit
your both on the same page

all the stuff at the end as far as collection area is fluff as far as i am concerned , if you look on rayon's dwarf pictures it looks very much like this one , well to me anyway

nice aggie and more yellow than red to me is all i call them http://www.rva.ne.jp/apisto/ap_agassizii_coroai.html

Robdog
Wed May 10, 2006, 09:07 AM
I once had a shipment of apisto from Melbourne and they all turned out to be deformed.

So thanks for the recent push, we now have some fantastic quality fish around. Hopefully some of us will be successful propergating them and flush out the bad ones from the market. Thomas.

I must say deformed fish are as good as danios for cycling new tanks. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: