PDA

View Full Version : Discus bullying bristlenose

jho51e
Thu May 04, 2006, 02:08 PM
Yes you read correct, my discus are bullying the bristlenoses... not sure if it is one particular one though... I have seem 2/3 discus a few times poke at the BN... just before this shot was taken, both of these discus were poking this bristlenose...

http://static.flickr.com/47/140293418_1e938d2d54.jpg

Is this a common thing?

cactusboy
Fri May 05, 2006, 12:34 AM
Get some driftwood for it to hids under.

jho51e
Fri May 05, 2006, 12:42 AM
i have some rocks it frequently hides in... but once they come out and stay on the sand or on the glass, they become play things for the discus. :-)

Proteus
Fri May 05, 2006, 12:58 AM
Just curiosity, nothing to really be concerned at

SandyLynne
Wed May 31, 2006, 08:34 PM
Hi Jhosie

I have just admired some of the photos of your tank and love the gravel you have used. Could you please tell me where you purchased it from and what it is called? I live on the Central Coast and have looked every where for a light fine grain gravel just like yours without any luck. :cry: I started by reading your comment on discus bullying bristlenose. :cry: and then continued to follow your links. My discus are certainly curious of my bristlenose and don't mind moving them out of the way to get food but I have never seen them bully like yours.

jho51e
Thu Jun 01, 2006, 09:25 AM
Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the compliments... my tank is very much a work in progress...

The sand I used I bought from Clark Rubber: Blue Circle Sand (pool filter sand)...

SandyLynne
Fri Jun 02, 2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks Jhosie

I think I am about to redesign my tank again :roll: