PDA

View Full Version : best place to buy discus?

thebluyak
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 06:37 PM
hey I am wanting to take the dive and get some discus, where should I get them from? Drsfostersmith.com have some nice ones and http://64.41.112.175/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DM&Category_Code=dy has a special 5 for 119 US dollars. Should I order online or just cough up the extra money and get them from my LFS?

I have a 55 gallon tank, XP3 cannister filter, driftwood, live plants, rock caves etc..

G-1000
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 02:06 AM
Hi There

The majority of people on this forum are from Australia, but we do have quite a lot of our international friends on here too.

I would suggest www.simplydiscus.com and check out their sponsors if you are buying discus in the good ol USA.

Im sure we could name some good shop here for you - but being on the other side of the world probably not as convenient

HTH

G

thebluyak
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 03:59 AM
thanks alot!! Thanks for the link, hope all is well down under.

rytis
Mon May 01, 2006, 12:50 AM
i bought most of mine at somethingsphishy.com but the thing about buying online is if they dont have whats in their pic, they just sell whatever, but yea it's cheaper i think. before buying a bunch i would buy ONE at local petshop, see if it survives more then a month without problems, then you know youre ready.... i had several kept dying for me at first, not a problem in the past year though, key was few months aged tank with very good filtration and lots of live plants under bright lights and co2...

samir
Sun May 07, 2006, 06:18 AM
you may as well try www.wattleydiscus.com if you are in the us of a. Jack Wattley is one of the pioneers of Discus breeding on your side of the globe.

evermore
Sun May 14, 2006, 10:43 PM
try www.macsdiscus.com