PDA

View Full Version : SYDNEY PH levels

lovenotthrowdiscus
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 07:36 AM
just a quicky that i wouldnt mind knowing

can people post there ph levels straight from the tap who are from sydney?

please and thanks.....

im from cronulla if anyone else is close. :D

tommy110011
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 08:10 AM
mine is 7. Im in Alexandria.

apalsson
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 06:25 PM
You can see all details of the water by looking at this report:
http://www.sydneywater.com.au/Publications/_download.cfm?DownloadFile=Reports/TypicalWaterAnalysis.pdf

G-1000
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 02:09 AM
Wow !

Sydney has conductivity of 20 micro siemens ?? Is that right ?

G

jho51e
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 03:14 AM
thanks for that Ari!

Now i am very curious about ours... we have 2 water sources, 1 for drinking which is piped to the taps inside the apartment... which I guess is that one that comes from Prospect...

while another 1 is from the recycling water plant in Olympic Park which gets piped to the toilets and outside taps like on the balcony and carwash bay...

lovenotthrowdiscus
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 10:41 AM
thanks alot apalsson

this is what i love about this forum!!!!

someone always knows something that is really helpful.

thanks again

samir
Sun May 07, 2006, 06:21 AM
mine's 7.5 from prospect and it stays that much

jim from sydney
Sun May 07, 2006, 10:27 AM
Water qualities in Sydney vary with respect to the filtration plant your supply comes from.

The results as listed by Sydney water are not always consistant...and not given on a daily basis so they are average results.....they can vary slightly on a daily basis.

I am in Epping and the pH level is fairly constant at 7.6

I run my tanks at GH and KH between 3-3.5 for both and find this gives me an electrical conductivity of 180microSiemens.

My fish seem to be happy with that.

jim from sydney
Sun May 07, 2006, 10:29 AM
thanks for that Ari!

Now i am very curious about ours... we have 2 water sources, 1 for drinking which is piped to the taps inside the apartment... which I guess is that one that comes from Prospect...

while another 1 is from the recycling water plant in Olympic Park which gets piped to the toilets and outside taps like on the balcony and carwash bay...

Jh.....dont use the recycled water.....it is not for consumption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!