PDA

View Full Version : peppermint cats an albino bristlenoses

Nathan
Wed Apr 26, 2006, 06:09 AM
are these two ok with discus, and would they be ok in those be ok in the higher water temps?

nathan

taksan
Wed Apr 26, 2006, 07:46 AM
yeah they both should be fine

Merrilyn
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 05:39 PM
I have a colony fo 40 peppermint cats in one of my discus display tanks, and a colony of albino cats in another.

They never seem to bother the discus, and do a wonderful job on leftovers.

I find the albinos are less shy, and seem to spend more time grazing on algae during the day. The little peps are gorgeous, but I hardly ever see them LOL.

Nathan
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 08:01 AM
these types eat at night dont they?

nathan

Robdog
Sun Jun 11, 2006, 08:14 AM
The little peps are gorgeous, but I hardly ever see them LOL.

I know the feeling ladyred. I've only got two in my setup and only rarely do I spot them and thats with an actinic blue night light on.

nicholas76
Sat Sep 23, 2006, 01:41 PM
I have 5 peps and I rarely get to see mine but boy have they grown !!!!.

They are absolute Pooop machines !!!argh

Phlipper
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 12:22 AM
Yep poop machines they are indeed, I have 4 Adult Albino Brissies that now reside in with my Discus and some of my Albino Angels, before that they were in a bare bottomed tank for a few weeks, the poop quantity was amazing.

One thing I have found with my Albino Brissies is that they have grazed upon many of my established broad leafed plants so extensively that they have made the leaves skeletal, or now have large holes in them :( My standard Brissies do not do this at all, go figure ? In fact I was in one of the shops here the other day and was amazed at the destruction of their planted display tank, what used to be a lovely planted tank with advanced Red Lotus plants had a similar problem with the Albinos in it, the Lotus plants looked like swiss cheese. Needless to say the store owner was not impressed and was about to remove the Albino Brissies that had done the damage.

Anyone else had similar problems with this type of Brissie ?

goldenpigeon
Mon Sep 25, 2006, 01:48 AM
i only have one male peppermint, he is about 7cm and is in my discus display tank. im sick of never seeing him so i keep him in the most bare tank possible lol :twisted:

i also have common bristlenose which go great with the discus, much more active and affraid of nothing!

i have never had standard albino bn but i do have 3 longfin albino bn (which i would have assumed be more shy than standard alinos because of more inbreeding etc) and they are excellent fish, not affraid of anything and always out doing their bit for the
community lol.

either way bn in gernal are excellent fish!