PDA

View Full Version : Whats your...PH? KH? GH?

AdelaideAnt
Mon Jul 26, 2004, 07:26 AM
Hi people, just want to know what peoples PH KH and GH is??? Just wanting to know what combo works for others :).

I dont think my combo is working:

PH: 6.8

GH: 160ppm

KH: 35.8 <------ This is my problem, i've just put some shell grit in the filter to counteract this, but i'm only starting with 100gm of shell grit to start and will give it a few days then test again to see how much the KH raises. My ph keeps dropping so hopefully this will help stablise this too.

So what combo do you use, and what is ideal for discus??

Anthony

flukes
Mon Jul 26, 2004, 09:02 AM
Ph- 6.8 Gh- 3 Kh - 3.
Never added anything too raise the kh just makes me have too do more frequent water changes, :lol:

AdelaideAnt
Mon Jul 26, 2004, 09:04 AM
well thats about what i'm aiming for, ta

Tryhard
Mon Jul 26, 2004, 10:17 AM
Ph = 6.7
Kh = 0
Gh = 6 (a bit suss about this one I think the kit is wrong)

LiberalFishLover
Thu Aug 05, 2004, 02:43 AM
How do you measure KH, GH etc I have seen some electronic devices that can do this but they seem prohibitaly expensive. Do most people use those chemical test kits sold in pet stores? :shock:

Merrilyn
Thu Aug 05, 2004, 02:59 AM
Welcome LiberalFishLover. I think most of us in Aus would use the chemical test kit. Hardness really only becomes critical when you are breeding.

lesley
Thu Aug 05, 2004, 10:05 AM
In my experience a kH of 35 can cause probs if you don't keep an eye on it. The trouble with relying on water changes is that if you miss one and you don't have a kit to measure, you don't know what is happening.

pH crashes can kill and maim, I learnt that the hard way.

Lesley