PDA

View Full Version : Bacterial Infection??? help plz

lood83
Sun Jul 25, 2004, 09:55 AM
:? hey guys
I have this discus with red blotches just above the mouth and little around the gills, kinda like its nose is bleeding but its not. And i guess its contagious cuz another one just got it today but not as bad yet. Could this be a bacterial infection like ulcers or septicaemia??

I've never seen this before, has anyone else?

thanks

lood83
Tue Jul 27, 2004, 08:00 AM
Hey guys heres a pic if this helps

Merrilyn
Wed Jul 28, 2004, 12:53 PM
Sorry, the picture is not really clear enough to see this properly. Has the skin started to erode - like craters or pits. Could be the start of HLLE (head and lateral line erosion) also known as hole in the head. First - you probably know I'm going to say - huge daily water changes. Also are you feeding some kind of pepared food. Check vitamin content. A change may be in order. Please keep us posted on further developments.

flukes
Wed Jul 28, 2004, 01:09 PM
Try salt first at 1-2 table spoons per 10gals. Replacing any salt after water changes then if there isno improvement we can look at trying medications.
Best not too use meds unless the really need it and you now EXACTLY what it is your treating for.

Oh yeah aquarium salt not table salt.!!!!!!!

Cheers
Scott

lood83
Thu Jul 29, 2004, 03:27 AM
Right now I'm doing daly water changes and feeding them hikari bloodworms, color bits and some beefheart.

Thanks for the advice guys I'll keep you posted, atleast they are still eating :P