PDA

View Full Version : pic of my A. cacatuoides

wickedglass
Fri Apr 21, 2006, 09:21 AM
here's a couple of pics of my pair, the old girl died a few days ago, and this one's a new girl. The lord and master is absolutely huge compared to her, atm they're looking for a new flat to move into, I've got 4 pots dotted around the tank and a couple of other hidey places.
First time taking pics with a digie, so sorry about the bad quality.
All the yellow on the male got washed out by the flash, it's actually the same shade of orange as on the tail and dorsal.

parkap
Mon Apr 24, 2006, 12:18 AM
Very nice Wicked. I love his face colouration.

Peter.

Vtwinfanatic
Wed Apr 26, 2006, 05:48 PM
nice pics. I have a pair that i cant seem to get any good pics of. But I'm going to keep trying

hotrowe
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hi,
Could you tell me what name you bought these magnificent cacatuoides under? Was it redtail super, rotschwantz, peru or something else. I'm envious. :oops: :? :roll: :!:
Apisto power!
G.

wickedglass
Thu Apr 27, 2006, 01:02 PM
with a name like hotrowe, and an initial like G. .... would you perhaps be the legendary G. Rowe? Or perhaps related? Indeed, did these fish originate from you??
Something gives me the feeling they might have :)

They were sold by our friend in Mulgrave just as A. cacatuoides, I had to leave without a second girl as there were only a limited number and our friend was loathe to part with an extra femme, to the point of a flat refusal.

If you are who I think you may be, I have a friend and colleague in M. Drive who is a scientific glassblower. Perhaps I could come and meet you when I'm down there sometime .... and if you're not who I think you are and you have some nice apistos, I'd love to see your fish anyway ;)

hotrowe
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 01:41 AM
:oops: Hi,

Yes I would appreciate meeting. You may like to see my Apistos in their messy fish house.
I also bought them from our friend, but he gave me the impression that they were locally bred from SLS imports and I presumed that you were the breeder. I'll try to find that out from him as I believe they may be super red. He did say that the breeder had far more boys than girls: about 12 to 4 in the stock he sold to our supplier.
I have been chasing more imports from SLS and other potential suppliers.
Apisto power,
G. :o :!: :!: :shock: :oops: :!:

hotrowe
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 11:06 AM
I spoke to H today and he says that your fish are cacatuoides super red.
Can anyone confirm?
I believe their parents came from SLS.
Perhaps an SLS expert could confirm?
Regards,
G.

kevkoi
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 07:45 AM
Looks similar to our stocks except the dorsal isn't fully red. On the better specimens, the dorsal is completely red with black markings, but there are of course variations in the fish.

hotrowe
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 12:56 PM
:D Hi,
I do have a few fry coming on.
I will talk to you re these later.
I believe the blueheads are an Asian developed aquarium strain of caetei.
Comments would be appreciated.
Cheers,
G.

wickedglass
Sat Apr 29, 2006, 03:04 PM
I moved this post to its own thread because I was interested in people's opinion on this subject

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7029