PDA

View Full Version : DIY Cabinet

aquafrogstuff
Sun Apr 16, 2006, 01:10 AM
Thought I'd share my recent handyworks.

I made this cabinet for a 3ft tank I recently bought. All made with 16mm MDF which makes it a bit heavy but sturdy. I regret not taking pressive shots now because I'm quite proud of it, but you know how it is, you just wanna get it done.

Moulded bits beneath the tank and around the base is simply moulded skirting board. Paint is an interior satin enamel (Solver paint) that I sprayed on with a $99 GMC compressor I bought from Bunnings, oh and the $25 attachment kit that included the spray gun. Because I was on a roll, I bought a $69 nail gun (which I later took back because it was cr#p) so the whole thing basically took a weekend to put together, waiting for paint to dry was the longest part.

Front door is from Bunnings. In their trade area they usually have kitchen doors. This is one of them, already routed and undercoated.

The hood was a bit tricky because of the external filters, but there's sufficient space for light, UV clarifer etc etc.

NOTE, this cabinet is made so that it can be free standing i.e. can be put in the miffle of the room. Rear of cabinet is enclosed as is the hood.

marg
Sun Apr 16, 2006, 02:56 AM
Aquafrogstuff,

You should be very proud of yourself.

That looks like a really nice piece of Fish Furniture :) .

Congratulations.,

Regards,

Marg.

goldenpigeon
Sun Apr 16, 2006, 09:09 AM
awesome stuff!!!!! too bad u rnt local mate!!! would love something like that!!!!!