PDA

View Full Version : pucallpaensis spawn

Th0mas
Thu Apr 13, 2006, 08:04 AM
The bigger pair was up to something last week and this become aparent when I cannot locate the female on Monday.

Tuesday I decided to shine a torch (very bright one) through a really thick growth of anubias nana (it's a piece that's attached to a fist size rock), and finally manage to locate her. Her reflection shows a lemon yellow colour and she remained inside over the last few days (I've been checking, so far the light hasn't freaked her yet).

The only problem, the pair is in a 2 ft tank that's over-run with a colony of corydora metae (20+) plus 7 juvenile SAEs and the second pair of pucallpaensis.

I'll wait and see how things evolve over the Easter break.

Thomas.

gingerbeer01
Thu Apr 13, 2006, 09:00 AM
Wow - put me down for first dibs on your newborn if succesful.

Steve

wickedglass
Thu Apr 13, 2006, 12:12 PM
SAEs? - Self Addressed Envelopes?

I know, I know ... they're Thai! :P

dreamer
Thu Apr 13, 2006, 01:55 PM
you can always donate your metae to me *lol*

kevkoi
Fri Apr 14, 2006, 05:02 AM
Congrats.. Once they start, they don't stop. :lol:

Time for tank of their own!.

Th0mas
Fri Apr 14, 2006, 05:47 AM
Thanks for all your kind words.

Not exactly sure what's happening, but today is the first time I've seen the female wander out. She still goes back to the nest after checking out what's happening outside.

Fingers crossed.

Thomas.

Th0mas
Sun Apr 16, 2006, 01:09 AM
The female has abandon the site completely now, and no wigglers following. Oh well, perhaps next time.

Thomas.

parkap
Mon Apr 17, 2006, 09:49 AM
Bummer mate. How disappointing. Do you have any room to put them into their own tank?

p.

Th0mas
Mon Apr 17, 2006, 11:11 AM
Mate,

Tank wise - just obtain an extra one and had it setup on Saturday. Then the pair of aggie decided to have a go again on Sunday (got a female last week), the female was so desperate she was all over him. So I took them out into the spare tank and bang - they spawn within 15 minutes in the new tank.

So there goes the spare tank.....

Not really hopping for anything hatching, as this is her first spawn. But you'll never know.

Thomas.

Just got my spare tank back - the female has abandon already. This is a real record, abandoning within 24 hours.