PDA

View Full Version : A. veijta spawn

Noddy65
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 11:52 AM
Well...I hope she has spawned.
She has spawned before but I had very hard water and made the mistake of checking the eggs...they were eaten the day after lifting the pot.
This time I have an RO unit supplying water, and have left her alone. she has been in the upturned pot for around 5 days now (I was beginning to think she had died but a quick check with a torch revealed her hiding in the pot).
I havent seen her outside of the upturned pot for days but she comes out when I turn the lights off the tank.
Have to decide wether to remove the male now...theyre on their own in a 2' x 1' x 1' tank...what do people think? The male is very nervous and is at the back of the tank most of the time now.

Ill post some pics when she brings the babies out.

Mike

kevkoi
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 12:39 PM
Good luck....
She should be coming out with the fry any time now. Get that baby brine shrimp bubbling away.

Noddy65
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks Kev (do you sleep? Its very late over east). Have BBS and microworms ticking over...the baby Blue rams and Praecox Rainbow fry are feasting on them as we speak.
Mike

Ben
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 01:22 PM
Well done Mike!

Please keep us posted! and we would love pictures!

cheers
Ben

parkap
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah Mike, would love some pics.

Grae
Sun Apr 09, 2006, 11:22 AM
Hi Mike

we have waited patiently
still no update

please let us know

Graeme

Noddy65
Mon Apr 10, 2006, 03:41 AM
Well...its all bad news really.
After the female being in the pot for around 6 days I returned home from work one night to find her lying belly up on the bottom of the tank. No eggs or fry or wrigglers to be seen. I have no idea why she up and died on me, she was in great condition prior to going into the pot, she was bright yellow with nice strong dark markings. The male is as healthy as ever so it cant be a water quality issue surely?

I hate this random Apisto death syndrome.

She was my one and only veijta female, Im now left with 2 lonely males. Theyre not easy to find over here in Perth so they may have to wait a while for new mates.

Mike :x

parkap
Mon Apr 10, 2006, 03:51 AM
Bummer Mike.

That's too bad.