PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my A.trifasciata "Macliensis"

steph
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 06:03 AM
Having never posted a pic before I finally have a semi decent one of my male A. trifasciata "macliensis" Bit of glare on the glass not to mention a few scratches *heh*

Th0mas
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 07:11 AM
Nice pic, very clear indeed.

How do you post pics?? Just add it as attachment?

Might give it a try tonight.

Thomas.

steph
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 07:27 AM
It was surprisingly easy :) Attachment needs to be under 128Kb in size is all. The fish needs a better angle so the full length of the dorsal extension is shown to its best advantage. Ill try for some more shots soon.

Steph

Th0mas
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 08:02 AM
Was a flash used in this case?

How do you manage to zoom in so close and retain focus? I think my DC cannot handle such close zoom.

Thomas.

Ben
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 01:27 PM
great photo Steph!
I re-sized it so it fits on the page better.

Cheers
Ben

parkap
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 10:12 PM
Beautiful steph. Just makes me sad I lost my guy. The girl's swimming around on her own. :(

Steph, one question, following on from a discussion from that other forum, how big do you drill the holes in the top of your terracotta pots? If that's he only opening to the pot, can't the water stagnate in there or is the natural water diffusion through the hole you drill enough to prevent that?

Thomas, I've found I nearly always have to use a flash for most of my little guys, which is a shame as it often means their real colours get drowned out. However I've set the shutter speed on my camera to 1/2000 of a second. The flash is so quick to support that shutter speed it really cuts down on the over-exposure. I've got heaps of new pics on my memory cards, just have to get around uploading them. I also just got a free login at photobucket so I can download my pics to there and just link them to posts using the Img icon - although I haven't tried any as yet in this forum. While it's great discusforums allow you to actually attach photos, not like other forums, having all my photos quickly accessible off the web with their own URL's I've found beneficial as well. (I tried setting up my own webpage but failed dismally...)

p.

Th0mas
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 11:08 PM
Have attempt of taking some shots of my dominant male trifasciata. This is one of the better photo (still out of focus slightly).

Tank is probably in worse condition compared to Steph's one.
And I still cannot get the camera to take the photo properly.

Thomas.

parkap
Tue Apr 04, 2006, 11:50 PM
THomas, what an amazing back fin.

Th0mas
Wed Apr 05, 2006, 12:32 AM
Had another with similar long dorsal (but red isn't as intense), but lost him due to the unexpected diet problem, I was lucky to have him surviving that drama.

Thomas.

Namn8r
Wed Apr 19, 2006, 09:04 AM
I want some of them!!

Namn8r
Wed Apr 19, 2006, 09:05 AM
I want some of them!!