PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge...

arjay
Sat Apr 01, 2006, 12:45 AM
Hi all.
I'm thinking about taking the plunge and ordering some Apistos from SLS (Slippery Little Suckers). I'm looking at deciding between A. sp "Wilhelmi", A. baenschi "inka 50" and A. agassizi "Tefe Buana". Because I live in Adelaide and can't take any time off I'll be having the fish shipped over, has anyone had any experience with SLS shipping fish to them and if so how did it go? Does anyone have any opinions regarding the three species mentioned?
Thanks in advance,
Russell.

parkap
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 05:06 AM
Hi mate. Will send you a PM.

Proteus
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 05:13 AM
Shipping is easy and safe, it helps though if you can get a few people together and order a box load of fish to spread out the cost.

Merrilyn
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 05:34 AM
I've had a lot of fish shipped from SLS, and others. Fish travel very well, and mine have always arrived in excellent order.

SLS are very experienced with packing and shipping, so don't be at all concerned.

nicholas76
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 05:58 AM
You would be suprised how well fish actually do travel all boxed up like that !

most good Lfs's will cover Dead on arrival or sick / damaged fish so raise those issues with whomever you buy fish from to ensure you are covered

cheers

arjay
Mon Apr 03, 2006, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I've exchanged a few e-mails with Kev and he seems a very reputable bloke so I wasn't really worried, just thought I'd ask here to see if I could some idea as to what to expect.

All the petrol I've wasted searching for decent fish in Adelaide is well in excess of the $75 SLS charge for shipping so I'm not too worried about that, just looking forward to acquiring something a little special. Now I just have to decide what to get... Any recommendations from the current list?