PDA

View Full Version : Dapnia

AdelaideAnt
Sun Jul 18, 2004, 07:11 AM
whats daphnia like as fry food, both alive and frozen?? (obviously wouldn't be fed by itself)

Even though i work at an LFS i don't know of any one who supplies frozen daphnia, i know Poz Aqua do frozen daphnia but dont know where to get it, and i havn't ever seen it availibale.

AdelaideAnt
Sun Aug 01, 2004, 12:48 AM
anyone??

Merrilyn
Sun Aug 01, 2004, 06:16 AM
Its been years since I have seen daphnia for sale. We used to get it live and feed sifted daphnia (small) to juveniles and adult daphnia to larger discus. Its too big and too fast for fry. Also the danger of getting cyclops in with the daphnia is a problem when fed live. Cyclops are a predator of fry.. Sorry I can't be more help.

AdelaideAnt
Sun Aug 01, 2004, 08:54 AM
what about frozen??

Merrilyn
Sun Aug 01, 2004, 11:34 AM
Never used it frozen but would be good if you can get it. High in protein. About the size of adult brine shrimp, so a bit too big for young fry. Fish love it.

AdelaideAnt
Sun Aug 01, 2004, 11:39 AM
ok no probs, i did have it frozen once and the daphnia was quite small. Was the poz aqua brand that i was talking about, but i cant find it anywhere and i cant get it where i work, because they want the boss to buy a certain amount of their product of which he doesn't want to do.

Anthony